Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Solo hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to a lot, elk and muley hunting the high country with just a cpl of horses.
    I had a friend in Alaska we used to sort of hunt together, fly out on the same plane and then split up and head out separate ways until it was time to fly out.

Nothing is better than laying in you sleeping bag at night watching the northern lights listening to the wolves howl

Comment

Hunt by myself quite often & enjoy it.

Comment

When my daughter is ready I’ll be ready. It’ll be her turn

Comment

I hunt alone, I’ve managed to get a couple of my daughters to come along for a sit. I’m hoping in time as they get older they’ll wanna come along but I’m not holding my breathe. I haven’t hunted with anyone else in the same blind or over the same area. I do enjoy the company when the hunt is over back at camp, but it’s been a few yrs since I’ve been on a place where that has happened. Wife and girls don’t really enjoy it but they tag along occasionally to appease me, but I know they’d rather be at home.

Got on a new lease for upcoming season so I’m hoping the new place with new guys will bring with it new memories around camp after the hunt of course.

Comment

Like to hunt alone but don’t like to be at camp alone. Gets a little boring

Comment

I went by myself all the time until the kids got old enough.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                I like the act of hunting alone, but I like hanging out at the camp with friends and family more than the hunt itself.
                THIS!!!

Comment

Solo hunt about 75% of the time, mostly take my son or join friends and hunt separate areas. I do enjoy camp with others. Makes for the full experience.

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
                    Who all prefers hunting by themselves ? I find myself not wanting to take anyone and that some of my best memories are hunting alone.
                    All the time bud no one wants to cross the river

Comment

I like being in camp alone. I have no issue with staying there for a week at a time alone. However I don't mind sharing camp with most of the guys either.
                      For a day or two here and there.[emoji6]
                      It's nice to have someone for hero pics it I just bought a mini tripod that holds my phone to take them so that's a moot issue now as well.

Gary

Comment

Hunt and hike backcountry alone, fish mostly alone, bird hunt with a dog.

Comment

Unless it’s for birds I’m by myself.

Comment

Solo whenever I can but mostly because with 60days off at a time I've got the time nobody else does.

Did my antelope, elk, caribou, deer, and aoudad that way and intend to finish my N.A. 10 unguided d.i.y. with the exception of mtn lion.

I do enjoy taking new people on new hunts, but have gotten to the point where they expect me to do all the research and planning for them. After these next 2 hunts I've got in the planning stages (caribou with buddies from HS, and a 'bou/moose hunt with the ol sgt major) I'm not planning any more for anyone else. If they want to plan it and have me help them, then I'll be all about it.

Sent from somewhere

Comment

tried hunting with others...2bils..one i call sniffles ...the other is a yawner..drive me nuts....and a buddy who cannot be quiet ever...i prefer being alone.

Comment

Alone, I cherish my own company, I do what I want- when I want.

Comment

Working...
                                X