Denied beer at Walmart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    So he was 49 and showed valid ID and was buying the beer. Why does he get denied because his wife does not have her purse?
    Not all policies are perfect. In fact, some actually do more harm than good. Regardless of the reasoning behind the policy someone somewhere wont like it. Walmart becomes the enemy either way. It is a no win situation, especially for the employees. The entire reason I left the company was from stress, anxiety, and never being home.

I can't speak for the current policy Walmart holds. The actual policy use to read something to the effect of all persons accompanied by purchaser must present a valid ID. There was an exclusion for small children. But it doesn't matter. People will be angry either way.

Comment

Just wahoo it next time.

They get fired if they give chase.

Comment

Kroger has pulled the same chit w me and my wife. I get it, but it is extremely frustrating. It only happened in one store, with one person. Another time, same store, I was checking out in a different line to buy smokes while the wife was at self checkout with id. The guy walked up to her and lost his mind as she tried to purchase a bottle of wine. Without him even asking he denied her the bottle of wine. She was just like ok... and continued checking out not wanting to deal with it. She then had a problem scanning some feminine products and the dude came over again and pulled them out of the bag and accused her of trying to steal. My wife is super embarrassed at this point as the guy is holding tampons above his head and yelling at her making a scene. At this point I realize what’s going on and start making my way over, knowing who this dip wad is and pretty much ready to take his teeth home with me. Before I could get a word out management stepped in. Explained everything, paid for everything ( including the wine) and left. I believe he got some training and never bothered us again. I was really mad at first but after thinking about it I just felt sorry for the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
          And as far as blue laws, they should all be done away with as separation of church and state. There is zero reason I can by beer at 12:00 on Sunday but not 11:59 (or 6 in the morning for that matter).
          Or liquor at all on Sunday? I made a similar comment on here once and was called a liberal and told to "Go back to California" since I don't like TX's laws. Apparently wanting less gov regulation in our daily lives makes me a hippie leftist?

Comment

Originally posted by youngbuck1 View Post
            I was really mad at first but after thinking about it I just felt sorry for the guy.
            Exactly. In the grand scheme of things, I would not want to be that guy. Not in a million years. There's a reason people like that feel the need to act that way and I certainly don't want to experience it. I think the same thing on here when I see a trend of negative, degrading comments from the same member(s).

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
              Just wahoo it next time.

LOL.....that's a term I have not heard in a long long time.. and takes me waaay back.

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
                Texas has some dumb-A*S liquor laws and Walmart has some dumb-A*S policies on several things.
                In college my future wife and I came to DFW for the weekend. There was a small gas station next to the hotel. I went over to buy some beer. I was in there for about 10 minutes looking for beer. I finally asked and they said it was a dry county. I said what? I had never heard of such.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                  I avoid Wally World if at all possible. The reasons are:
                  1. They hire the cheapest and dumbest they can find, and I don't want to deal with the stupidity.
                  2. I can shop other places where I feel a whole lot safer in the parking lot and in the store.
                  3. They are so underemployed that, in the event I need help, I won't get any.
                  4. I don't enjoy waiting for people using multiple Lonestar Cards, gift cards, and other forms of combination payments to get their ***** together at the register.
                  5. Ridiculous policies like the OP stated above.

I'm willing to pay a little bit more to avoid the hassle, but that's just me.
                  I hope they survive [emoji849]

As for their hiring policy, WM is the largest single employer in the world and actually have some darn good people working for them...both at store level and corporately.
                  And kudos to every single one of their “associates” that show up to work everyday and put in a solid days work vs sitting on the couch taking mine and YOUR tax dollars and government assistance.
                  Maybe check your condescending attitude toward those less fortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                    Ridiculous policies are caused by ridiculous people who break the law and ruin it for everyone else. It’s not Wal-Mart’s fault they have to follow the law to the T. You should be applauding them for acutially doing the right thing. They could get sued for hundreds of millions of dolllars over one mistake. Yeah yeah yeah, we all know you’re of age and you probably look of age, but there a lot of folks who look old enough, but aren’t. They’re just trying to do their job. Give’m a break.
                    Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, he had his Id and he is old enough. It doesn't matter what he looked like or didn't look like. Maybe he should scream like a liberal and say he shouldn't need an ID.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                      In college my future wife and I came to DFW for the weekend. There was a small gas station next to the hotel. I went over to buy some beer. I was in there for about 10 minutes looking for beer. I finally asked and they said it was a dry county. I said what? I had never heard of such.
                      Half the counties in east Texas used to be dry, a lot of them sell beer now but still no booze, I think it’s a Baptist thing, I was raised catholic and we had keggers in the parking lot after church

Comment

So what is the actual law that prevents this purchase? Everyone standing at register must be legal age with ID unless they are a minor child of purchaser????? What if they are of legal age and child of the purchaser?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          LOL.....that's a term I have not heard in a long long time.. and takes me waaay back.
                          Yep, it’s been awhile since I heard someone yelling wahoo as they were running out the door with a case under each arm

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                            I hope they survive [emoji849]

As for their hiring policy, WM is the largest single employer in the world and actually have some darn good people working for them...both at store level and corporately.
                            And kudos to every single one of their “associates” that show up to work everyday and put in a solid days work vs sitting on the couch taking mine and YOUR tax dollars and government assistance.
                            Maybe check your condescending attitude toward those less fortunate.

Well said, but your break is over, and there's a clean up in aisle 5

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              Well said, but your break is over, and there's a clean up in aisle 5

I’m on it [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

But I’ve seen illegal imm... I mean undocumented peoples searching for a better life, buy beer at WM all the time, what ID are they presenting?
                                Last edited by Playa; 03-14-2019, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X