Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Heading out for a 6 day catfishing trip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bite was slow during the day. Have fresh cut buffalo out. Will see what happens overnight water was calm for once this evening and zero boats.

Comment

Slow last night also compared to the other day
      Only had a 15 lb flat and 2 small ones one channel and about 8 blues but they were mostly small.

Going to try and get better bait for tonight. Bait is hard to get since the water is so high

Comment

Tim you ever try the clover leaf perch traps? On a multi-day trip a couple of those with a slice or two of bread hanging off your dock might yield a bunch of good live perch. That’s what we used to depend on for op-baits.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          Tim you ever try the clover leaf perch traps? On a multi-day trip a couple of those with a slice or two of bread hanging off your dock might yield a bunch of good live perch. That’s what we used to depend on for op-baits.
          That's what we use at Toledo Bend for Op bait. The best bait is a piece of styrofoam tied to the bottom so it suspends in the middle or a beer can or two. Curiosity gets the better of them. Like a lot of things, I think these traps aren't legal in TX though.

Comment

Perch traps don't work well this time of year. Seem to get just 1-2" perch

Canoe1. Andrew just got here. I'm going to show him the river and hopefully load him up with fish in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
              Here is the 31lb flathead. A 14 inch blue was hooked on the line and the flathead came and ate the blue. LOL.[ATTACH]950161[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
              Done the same thing with a 12” channel, turned into a 28 pound yellow. Top fin of the channel was stuck in the roof of the yellow’s mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
                That's what we use at Toledo Bend for Op bait. The best bait is a piece of styrofoam tied to the bottom so it suspends in the middle or a beer can or two. Curiosity gets the better of them. Like a lot of things, I think these traps aren't legal in TX though.
                Nope. Perfectly legal in Texas public waters as long as the opening in the trap is no bigger than 1" wide by 3" high.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  Nope. Perfectly legal in Texas public waters as long as the opening in the trap is no bigger than 1" wide by 3" high.
                  Yep. you just cant transport the bait. Catching it on the same water way is still legal though.

Comment

bait

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    Yep. you just cant transport the bait. Catching it on the same water way is still legal though.
                    Dumbest law ever!

Comment

We got a few decent perch out and a fresh cut up carp on the lines
                      Will see what happens in the morning. Shad patterns have completely changed since we got here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                        Here is the Alligator gar we caught on one of the last few jugs we checked. Gave us the fight our our life getting him onboard.

He was right under 6ft long and and a 30 inch girth. Any guesses on weight? We didn't weigh him.[ATTACH]950166[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
                        I think that is as close to bagging a dinosaur as modern man can get! Cool stuff!

Comment

Looking forwards to see what the night has for us in the morning.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Ya'll are doing great!

Comment

Off to see what happened overnight.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X