No announcement yet.

Mobile hotspot wifi at ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought the Verizon jetpak and tried it out this weekend. Went thru 15 gb of days after 3 movies. Even though it’s unlimited they throttled back on it. I had a new tv and I think it was set to 4K and that’s why it burned up so much data.

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
      I bought the Verizon jetpak and tried it out this weekend. Went thru 15 gb of days after 3 movies. Even though it’s unlimited they throttled back on it. I had a new tv and I think it was set to 4K and that’s why it burned up so much data.
      Whoa! Unlimited plan I hope!

Comment

Just ordered a verizon jetpack mifi on Amazon for < $40 (used). Will report back on data usage after some testing on my Honeywell wifi thermostat and wyze security camera.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
          Just ordered a verizon jetpack mifi on Amazon for < $40 (used). Will report back on data usage after some testing on my Honeywell wifi thermostat and wyze security camera.
          I have the same exact set up. The cameras only use data when you are remotely viewing them, not much data usage. The Honeywell thermostat uses a little for updates each nite, weather report, trivial. You will want a battery backup for the hotspot as mine lost power and shutdown often, now seldom.

Comment

Working...
          X