No announcement yet.

Best concert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw Bob Seger Thursday night in Austin. Honestly have to say that was an incredible concert and at almost 74 years old - Bob can still bring it!

Comment

Pretty much every concert I attended in the 80's and early 90's. Which was most of them.... Several have been mentioned above.

One of my fondest childhood music memories, was watching Waylon and Willie play the Black-Eye Pea Jamboree, in Athens Texas. Got to meet em that day. They were staying at the old Spanish Trace Inn in town. 1977. Great memories for sure.

Comment

Tie between both times I saw Dwight Yoakum. First time was HLSR in '88, I think. He opened with "Long White Cadillac" and put on a great show. He was all over the stage and you could tell he was having a blast.

Second time was at the Starplex in '94, I think. He played for about two hours and even did a couple of rock covers. Then, at the end, he said something like, "Thank you, Dallas, Texas; always love coming here! God bless Texas! Goodnight everybody! Thank you!" The band stopped playing at this point. By now half the crowd is booing and getting pretty loud because he never played "Long White Cadillac," and the other half is cheering. He turned to walk away and people were going nuts. He stopped, turned back around, approached the microphone and said, "Naw, I'm just joking..." and the guitar solo to start "Long White Cadillac" cranked up and that place exploded. They played that song for fifteen minutes, at least. It was pretty awesome. He's one hell of a showman.

Comment

BoB, you should have been at the Longhorn Ballroom when the Sex Pistols were there. That was a humdinger! Biggest bar fight I've ever seen.

Comment

I saw Megadeth there. That was a good one.

Biggest fight for me was DRI at Theatre Gallery. Skinheads vs metalheads, mohawks and skaters. They lost, bad. Cops shut the show down.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
              Slayer as the headliner, with Anthrax, Lamb of God and a couple others.
              Yessir. I was at Austin, Dallas and SA. Going to Dallas again soon. The farewell tour is like the Energizer bunny.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Stevie Ray Vaughn at south padre island... Pearl Jam at university of Kansas outdoor concert, they were still a college band, Eddie vedder climbing lights racks singing then hanging upside down..absolutely awesome. The texxas jam concerts were great. Peter frampton in Lubbock maybe 1979 or 1980

Comment

1991 - Merle Haggard & David Allan Cole at the Opry House, Austin TX

Comment

I've seen AC/DC about 12 times and they were awesome every time, but the 2008 San Antonio show was a memorable one. That crowd was nuts.

The Metallica show at NRG in Houston in 2017 might be my all-time favorite. I've never seen a football stadium crowd that fired up. Houston brought it that night. Made the Dallas crowd at AT&T Stadium look like a corporate sales meeting by comparison.

Comment

Frogg:

Piney Woods Country Music Festival outside Nacogdoches in 1973. Willie, Asleep at the Wheel, Michael Murphy, Rusty Weir, Ray Wiley Hubbard and others. It was a mini Woodstock that went on for 3 days with lots of Texas music. I lost a few brain cells during that party.[/QUOTE]

I vaguly remember that one!!

The best was the Greatful Dead in Albuquerque, winter of 1972.

Comment

Almost forgot BB King at the last show they ever did at the Bronco Bowl in Dallas.

Comment

Pearl Jam and Nirvana at “The Big Day Out” festival in Sydney, Australia 1991

Comment

First concert my daughter and I went to
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X