• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love it!
    I eat it every chance I get.
    In China town, Pho Dahn is my favorite.
    In Katy it's Pho Saigon.

We recently tried a ramen house too. There's a distinct difference; I like them both.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      It sounds like I may have to..
      You'd like the rare steak. It's very thinly sliced and the heat of the broth cooks it to perfection.

Comment

Hard to beat good pho unless it's good ramen with braised pork belly and HB egg...is it dinner time yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
          Love it. Its some dang good stuff.
          Me Too

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
            You'd like the rare steak. It's very thinly sliced and the heat of the broth cooks it to perfection.
            Yeah you'll see it with beef, chicken, tripe, tendon, meatball, brisket, fish, shrimp, etc. I ordered the fish once that had some weird fish meatball thing in it. I took a big ol' bite of it and it had a liquid center that was...not very pleasant. I guess it more surprised me that anything, but that was a 1 and done on that one.

Stick with the rare beef when you try it.

Comment

We had some here in Midland at a new place Pho Yo Eyes Only, man it sukkked. Meat was awful, hard, chewy best part was the chicken noodle soup part in it.

Comment

I didn't read this whole post, but there is a Vietnamese place and Trinity that is really really good.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm with you GRIZZ...I'm not into the fishy kind......But been a PHO fan since VN in the 60s...I like the clear noodles too

Comment

Anyone ever try balut? I used to work with a guy down in Galveston who’d eat it, basically an unhatched bird already growing feathers and beak, he’d also throw a cast net and then dry out mullet and shiner and whatever else he caught in the back window of his car, wouldn’t even gut em, the smell coming out his car was horrendous

Comment

We had a Vietnamese exchange student back in the early 00s.

We got turned on to Pho back then. She would ask me to take her to the a Vietnamese market so she could cook dinner for us. I got to the pooint that I would stay in the truck because the smell was so horrible.

There are some dishes I will eat and some...not so much!

Comment

Never tried balut. I would though.

Comment

I had balut in the Philippines. Not something I'd eat every day but worth a try.

Comment

I love me some Pho. I’ve been to Vietnam 4 times and IMO you’ve never lived until you eat Pho on the streets of Hanoi.

Comment

I aint never did hear of it. Is it like Fideo or menudo?

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                                I aint never did hear of it. Is it like Fideo or menudo?
                                It's the dill in do.[emoji23]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X