Hunting lease policy poll.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
    Who wants their wife at the lease with them ??

[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Those dishes won't clean themselves.......I'm ok with mine going a few times but thats it, definitely not everytime or even half the time !!

Comment

I'm a little surprised no one has agreed with the OP

Comment

Did they have that rule when you got on that lease? Prolly a good reason it was in place.

Comment

Well things are a lot different in Alabama and Mississippi on this subject compared to Texas. Over there a guest can hunt alone and can shoot anything he or she wants as long as it’s legal or not against the club rules. And before anyone says well you’ll
          Kill all the deer if everyone is allowed to do that.. well they been doing that for decades over there in those states and they haven’t put a dent in the population. If anything there more now than ever.
          I know I’ll be the lone view on this but it’s my .2 cents for what it’s worth.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
            Well things are a lot different in Alabama and Mississippi on this subject compared to Texas. Over there a guest can hunt alone and can shoot anything he or she wants as long as it’s legal or not against the club rules. And before anyone says well you’ll
            Kill all the deer if everyone is allowed to do that.. well they been doing that for decades over there in those states and they haven’t put a dent in the population. If anything there more now than ever.
            I know I’ll be the lone view on this but it’s my .2 cents for what it’s worth.
            Well there is the solution. Those people that want guests need to move to Bama or Missy, problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
              I with the ( buy more spots or live with it) crowd. Too much to go wrong with me guiding myself
              You just need more game cams...

Comment

I wouldn't give up hunting this property unless something better came up in the same price range.
                I'm not overly pushing the issue with the lease boss or land owner, the lease boss just asked when we paid our first payment March 1, if there was anything we would like to see changed, and this was my suggestion based on my opinion. It probably will never change on this place and I will live with it and obey the rules and most likely won't bring up the issue again as it seems the land owner is pretty set on it and I do not want to cause any problems with the friends we have made here.

If I have the extra $ and Land owner, lease boss, and other members approve, when another spot opens up I will pay for it.

I just see the situation a little different than others. our "guest hunters" are ONLY IMMEDIATELY FAMILY.
                Not bring a buddy or client, or uncle bob...
                My wife and boys are experienced hunters, we discuss before each hunt what can and can't be shot, based off game cam surveys. Before the season starts we have always decided who will be taking the trophys, culls, and doe. We have cell phone communication as well as 2 way radios that allow constant contact during hunts.

This past season I never drew my bow or shouldered my rifle. We decided I would be taking the 1 trophy exotic buck we are allowed per season and the opportunity never came. My youngest got the trophy whitetail, my wife got the whitetail cull, and my youngest son got the exotic doe and whitetail doe. Which was all discussed before the season started.

We havent always put 2 of us in each stand every hunt when we hunted where this was allowed. Sometimes 1 or more of us sit out hunts, sleep in, stay in camp and cook, wind is bad for a stand especially during bow season, already killed their animal ect....

I have this lease right now for spending time with my boys ages 14 and 16. I've got only a short time while they still live at home and we are able to do things like this together on a regular basis.

The way I see it if I am allowed to hunt both of my stands at the same time it makes more use of the short time we do have to hunt on a lease that's 6 hours away juggling work schedules, school schedules, and with deer season and football season going on at the same time and two boys playing high school football and every other sport. Time and money are always limiting factors.so it would be nice to take advantage of all time available to increase the chances everyone has a successful season.
                Also having 2 per stand helps with pig control.

I am thankful for all the input here and glad to see that this rule is pretty common elsewhere. It is just taking some time to adjust to it being that the last two leases I hunted allowed it.

Comment

What it there were 8 lease members and every time they came out they brought 3 other hunters with them to fill up every blind on the place.

I think its a good rule.

Comment

Originally posted by jason86 View Post
                    Yep this would be my suggestion
                    X3

Comment

Could get a lease closer to home if time is an issue

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                        What it there were 8 lease members and every time they came out they brought 3 other hunters with them to fill up every blind on the place.

I think its a good rule.
                        Yep - was on a lease with unlimited guest allowed and they could all go sit in a stand by themselves. We had a big map where you selected the stand you wanted to sit in and put your marker on it. Got up one morning to go look at the map and decide where I wanted to hunt and the stands were all marked by guest - needless to say I left that place

Comment

That rule is a rule for good reason. You may be on the wrong lease if thats an issue.

Comment

Don’t get on a lease then try to change the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by NaClH2O_therapy View Post
                              I wouldn't give up hunting this property unless something better came up in the same price range.
                              I'm not overly pushing the issue with the lease boss or land owner, the lease boss just asked when we paid our first payment March 1, if there was anything we would like to see changed, and this was my suggestion based on my opinion. It probably will never change on this place and I will live with it and obey the rules and most likely won't bring up the issue again as it seems the land owner is pretty set on it and I do not want to cause any problems with the friends we have made here.

If I have the extra $ and Land owner, lease boss, and other members approve, when another spot opens up I will pay for it.

I just see the situation a little different than others. our "guest hunters" are ONLY IMMEDIATELY FAMILY.
                              Not bring a buddy or client, or uncle bob...
                              My wife and boys are experienced hunters, we discuss before each hunt what can and can't be shot, based off game cam surveys. Before the season starts we have always decided who will be taking the trophys, culls, and doe. We have cell phone communication as well as 2 way radios that allow constant contact during hunts.

This past season I never drew my bow or shouldered my rifle. We decided I would be taking the 1 trophy exotic buck we are allowed per season and the opportunity never came. My youngest got the trophy whitetail, my wife got the whitetail cull, and my youngest son got the exotic doe and whitetail doe. Which was all discussed before the season started.

We havent always put 2 of us in each stand every hunt when we hunted where this was allowed. Sometimes 1 or more of us sit out hunts, sleep in, stay in camp and cook, wind is bad for a stand especially during bow season, already killed their animal ect....

I have this lease right now for spending time with my boys ages 14 and 16. I've got only a short time while they still live at home and we are able to do things like this together on a regular basis.

The way I see it if I am allowed to hunt both of my stands at the same time it makes more use of the short time we do have to hunt on a lease that's 6 hours away juggling work schedules, school schedules, and with deer season and football season going on at the same time and two boys playing high school football and every other sport. Time and money are always limiting factors.so it would be nice to take advantage of all time available to increase the chances everyone has a successful season.
                              Also having 2 per stand helps with pig control.

I am thankful for all the input here and glad to see that this rule is pretty common elsewhere. It is just taking some time to adjust to it being that the last two leases I hunted allowed it.

This statement changes things IMO. I know lease rules are all over the place these days, but you are stating that your “guest” are actually immediate family, not friends, cousins, clients ect...your wife and kids should be able to hunt alone only off your lease spots allotted animals IMO. It stops there 100% though. If you were to bring, say your Dad or brother, they would need to be accompanied and still hunt off your allotted animals. This is exactly how our place is now and we don’t have any issues.

Comment

Nice bucks!

Comment

Working...
                                X