No announcement yet.

Luling City Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you get alot of people that are a bit jealous of the history of the meccas and the availability of top quality bbq in the area. They want their favorite spot in east, north, south or west Texas to be better than the "overrated" top spots in central Texas. They try to find a reason why it's not good.

Meh, it's not that great. "Random" BBQ joint in the town by be is much better.

It's not.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hillcountryhunter View Post
      Same here...we ate there yesterday for lunch and it was far from good bbq. The caseing on the sausage was so tough and greasy the plastic knife wouldn’t cut all the way through. The ribs were covered in sauce to cover up the over cooked exterior I assume as they weren’t that great either. The only thing good was the beans.
      Lmao. That's how sausage is supposed to be. You are used to store bought sausage. The sausage at German meat markets is course ground. The casing has "pop" to it and is pretty greasy.

That wasn't sauce on the ribs. Thats the apple juice and brown sugar spritzer. Love that style of ribs.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 03-05-2019, 06:48 PM.

Comment

It’s to hard to figure out which place everyone is talking about in their post.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          Lmao. That's how sausage is supposed to be. You are used to store bought sausage. The sausage at German meat markets is course ground. The casing has "pop" to it and is pretty greasy.

That wasn't sauce on the ribs. Thats the apple juice and brown sugar spritzer. Love that style of ribs.

Not sure what kind of tough sausage you eat then. We make our own and I’ve had plenty of good bbq sausage that didn’t need the grease rung out of it or a sharp saw to get through the casing.

Someone predicted well that you would be along shortly to defend your over rated bbq spot. Sometimes other places are just better regardless of what a magazine writer said.

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
            It’s to hard to figure out which place everyone is talking about in their post.
            I’m referencing City Market in Luling.

Comment

Hill country- I will tell you about 8 plus years ago he place was hard to beat brisket wise. Now not so much

Comment

Originally posted by hillcountryhunter View Post
                Not sure what kind of tough sausage you eat then. We make our own and I’ve had plenty of good bbq sausage that didn’t need the grease rung out of it or a sharp saw to get through the casing.

Someone predicted well that you would be along shortly to defend your over rated bbq spot. Sometimes other places are just better regardless of what a magazine writer said.
                Incorrect. The OP said he hoped I didn't berate HIM....which I did not.

Comment

Incorrect. The OP said he hoped I didn't berate HIM....which I did not.

Also, "my spot" is Hays County BBQ in San Marcos. [emoji6]

Comment

When I was a kid we went to luling all the time to eat, it was only 20 min away. That place was excellent 15 to 20 years ago. Havent been there since.

Comment

Now days, I havent found a BBQ place better than what I can do myself on the pit. So we dont eat out at bbq places.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER3388 View Post
                        Now days, I havent found a BBQ place better than what I can do myself on the pit. So we dont eat out at bbq places.

Hopefully you don't or your BBQ sucks. I mean you only have to tend to one piece of meat and baby it to make it great....they have to tend to hundreds to feed hundreds and try to turn a profit doing it......

Comment

Drive the extra distance and go to Baker Boys in Gonzales. Some of the best BBQ I’ve ever had.

Comment

I used to go to Luling almost 4 to 5 times a month for 10 years. Stopped going 3 years ago. Luling City Market was hit and miss on many occasions. Really good BBQ restaurants have to be consistent all the time.

Comment

Also, "my spot" is Hays County BBQ in San Marcos. [emoji6]

Every upgrade they do I feel like they lose a part of their soul.

Hays CO on Hunter was my spot. Now I feel like I'm walking into a cafeteria after the most recent makeover.

Comment

I haven't eaten at LCM in a few weeks but the ribs and links were still good then. Intended to stop there yesterday en route from Rockport to Austin but the line was too long so I went to Blacks and it's still good too, I actually prefer Blacks garlic link to LCM's link.

Comment

Working...
                                X