Comment

That’s a trophy!! Congrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
        225 lbs on the hoof...

Congrats! He was a hoss!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on the buck. Got a love these early season weights.

Comment

Just realized I never posted the pic of the 8 I took a couple weeks ago.

Scored 121 and weighed 188 pounds. I had this deer in front of me 3 times the week prior but it was my son's first time out and we had just sighted in his new .22 with our eyes set on rabbits so he got a pass. Watching the video back at home on the TV I knew he was on the hit list and kicked myself a bit for not shooting him but the boy got his first kill ever and that was way cooler, been waiting a long time for that milestone!

If you recall, Friday Nov 8th was one of those deery mornings. Cold, light drizzle, overcast... perfect. I corned as far as I could see in every direction and climbed into the blind. 10 minutes into the hunt and the 8 walked out with a doe and his normal running mate about 350 yards from the blind. Everything was perfect for putting a move on him so I chose to get down and cut the distance. I crawled out to the edge of the road and waited for a clear shot which finally happened at about 130 yards. I gotta say, one of the more miserable times I've had at the skinning rack in the 40 degree misting rain.
            Attached Files

Comment

Had a potential cull swing by a feeder I’ve never seen before. Maybe he needs another year though?

I think he’s 4. Or 4.5. .

Comment

Kyle, that deer is way beyond 4 or 5... He needs a dirt nap as a skimmer buck!!

Comment

He passed 4-4.5 about 4-4.5 years ago.

Comment

South Texas Hunters Thread 2019

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Kyle, that deer is way beyond 4 or 5... He needs a dirt nap as a skimmer buck!!

Hahaha. Yeah he’s a skimmer for sure! I was just going with the standard TBH age. Lol.

My 13 year old will pass up a 135” 8 point to kill a deer like this any day of the week. We’re going to go hunt this artifact this weekend. He’s pretty pumped up. It’s almost as fun being on cull patrol with my boys as it is hunting for a big boy.

Comment

Yea, I got a skimmer 10 I'm going after about mid week this week... You gonna be on the ranch week of Dec. 15? You should be! Magic week for our area... or it was last year.

Comment

I’m going to be there as much as possible. We killed the first deer dec 5th last year and by dec 20th or so it was getting great. Hoping to take a week off around Christmas. Rut should be kicking off by then.

Comment

Rattlesnakes were moving today and it's going to get even warmer this week.

Comment

Yup, it seldom gets cold enough down south to keep the snakes at bay for very long...

Comment

Great bucks guys! Bucks are on the move and shifting territories in Webb and Zapata, new bucks showing up at different stations. My bow hunting goal for the season has been accomplished after 9 hunts and a little bit of a chess match. I finally had to adapt and put a pop up 25 yds to the south of my Krivo blind and only hunt him on North winds. I took my furthest shot 33yds on my biggest buck (157”) that I’ve watched grow for 5 yrs and sealed the deal. This buck means so much to me and I know deep down that my Dad up in heaven sent him my way that evening and the mount will forever remind me of that! Good luck the rest of the season!

Comment

Originally posted by J-Jac View Post
                                Great bucks guys! Bucks are on the move and shifting territories in Webb and Zapata, new bucks showing up at different stations. My bow hunting goal for the season has been accomplished after 9 hunts and a little bit of a chess match. I finally had to adapt and put a pop up 25 yds to the south of my Krivo blind and only hunt him on North winds. I took my furthest shot 33yds on my biggest buck (157”) that I’ve watched grow for 5 yrs and sealed the deal. This buck means so much to me and I know deep down that my Dad up in heaven sent him my way that evening and the mount will forever remind me of that! Good luck the rest of the season!

That is a beautiful buck!

Comment

Working...
                                X