Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Texas Hunters Thread 2019

Couple pics I just got from the cell can

Gotta get back and get them baskets filled back up.

They knocked it out in 14 days... that basket holds about 4.5 32 gallon trash cans full

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DamonJ; 08-02-2019, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Looking good Damon.

Comment

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
        Looking good Damon.
        Yes sir

Back to back years he has been a 7x7

Gonna shoot him with the camera again this year and put him on the 2020 list...

Comment

Ended up seeing lots of bucks and not very many does the few afternoons I sat in the blind.

Hoping some of the bigger bucks show as the season progresses.

Comment

Went yesterday to the lease in El Sauz north of RGC and it was hotter than hell. Cleaned my senderos for about 4 hours 8-12 and had to call it a day. It’s a 2.5 hour drive for me. Saw 2 does heard a few hogs in the brush.

Comment

South Texas Hunters Thread 2019

Went to the ranch this weekend to feed and Shred. Deer are looking really good right now. We could use some rain right now. I don’t need 12 “ in September like the last two years. We had a Buck we call Booner show back up. He is 7-1/2 this year and has always been a Big Typical 10pt. We thought he might book last year but he was either going to make it by a couple inches or fall short by a few inches so we gave him a pass. Where he got the double droptines this year is a mystery. Just goes to show you need to let those buck get age because you never know their true potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
                Couple pics I just got from the cell can

Gotta get back and get them baskets filled back up.

They knocked it out in 14 days... that basket holds about 4.5 32 gallon trash cans full

How do like that cell cam? Been debating on spending the money. Kind of worried about cell service north of big wells

Comment

Originally posted by Rando View Post
                  How do like that cell cam? Been debating on spending the money. Kind of worried about cell service north of big wells

Mine works great. Been running for 2 years now..[emoji1303]

Comment

Originally posted by rattler7696 View Post
                    Went to the ranch this weekend to feed and Shred. Deer are looking really good right now. We could use some rain right now. I don’t need 12 “ in September like the last two years. We had a Buck we call Booner show back up. He is 7-1/2 this year and has always been a Big Typical 10pt. We thought he might book last year but he was either going to make it by a couple inches or fall short by a few inches so we gave him a pass. Where he got the double droptines this year is a mystery. Just goes to show you need to let those buck get age because you never know their true potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    Looking good!!

Comment

Fantastic deer. I love what some age will do for you.

Comment

Very nice Rattler!!

Comment

Nice deer neighbor

Comment

How's the fawn crop looking for you guys in Deep South Texas. I got to the lease yesterday morning early. Had a few extra bags of corn after filling feeders ,so decided to feed a long pipe line with another long sendero intersection "4way". Had my spotting scope so I was set to glass long range. Mostly just trying to see if I could see some different bucks since the pens have been getting really quiet for buck activity.

Well I did see a couple of nice bucks but got to notice how the does we're all thinned out and not one of them had any fawns. No swollen tits or anything. These things were barrel wide last month. The white wings and morning doves have taken over all the pens. Literally hundreds of birds sworming the pens to where the deer spook out of them. Ended up seeing 4 bucks two bucks were mature bucks, a 9 and 10 point and two younger 8s. 13 doe and a big group of hogs crossed but didn't stop. Was really puzzled over that since there was corn spread over 500 yards in four directions. They just trotted right over the top of it.

Comment

Anybody seeing any doves?
                              Heading down next week for early white wing season.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckfu View Post
                                Anybody seeing any doves?
                                Heading down next week for early white wing season.
                                Tons of dove, if you have water they are there. If not, they are at your feeders.

Comment

Working...
                                X