No announcement yet.

What to do if you are home when there is a house fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry for your loss, but praise God that your family is safe.

Comment

So sorry to hear! Glad everybody is ok! Appears you already wiped em down good but I would oil the heck out of them and clean the bore of each gun ASAP!

Comment

Wow. Glad everyone is ok. Anything you guys need?

Also interested in what brand safe that is. Seems to have held up pretty well.

Comment

That’s a great reminder and I’m glad everyone was ok. Sorry for the loss though

Comment

Glad everyone is ok. Sorry about your house.

Comment

Dang man, sorry for you and your family. Thanks for the reminder, we recently moved and have not sat down with our kids and discussed an emergency plan. We will this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
                Glad everyone was ok, we have 3 kids and we explained to everyone each of their exit options in case one is blocked. We told them if they hear fire alarms or there is a fire to just exit the house and go ring the neighbors door bell until they answer.
                I’ve debated this too. I want them out, but I struggle with telling them to go to a neighbor. My fear is me or my wife would stay in the house looking for them if we didn’t see the outside. Our plan is to meet at the mailbox across the street.

Comment

Sorry this happened, but I’m glad no one was hurt.
                  Now I’m going to put more of my important items in my safe.
                  My wife is on a clean out phase right now. If you or your family need any clothes or other items I would rather give them to someone in need than to Goodwill. PM me your sizes and I will see if what we have fits.

Comment

Originally posted by philcam View Post
                    I’ve debated this too. I want them out, but I struggle with telling them to go to a neighbor. My fear is me or my wife would stay in the house looking for them if we didn’t see the outside. Our plan is to meet at the mailbox across the street.
                    I have heard that going to a neighbors house isn't the best idea either. The reasoning is that being visible outside the house that is on fire will allow other neighbors and the fire department to see that no one is left in the house un-accounted for and to show everyone is safe.

A few Christmas's ago I watched a house in the neighborhood burn down in minutes. The next day I replaced all my fire alarms in my house.

Good luck to the OP.

Comment

We got an emergency ladder for up stairs. Hang on window sill - roll out.........

Comment

Dang KP! I heard about this yesterday. Thank god everyone is ok, makes you realize the unexpected can happen at any time!

Comment

Glad everyone is safe. My Brother's neighbor's house caught fire weekend before last. My bro called 911 while his wife woke up the family that was still asleep in house. As soon as they got out the house it went up in flames. They were very lucky to get out. 5 more minutes and they would not have been so fortunate.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys. We live in a small, tight knit community where everyone helps out. At this time we have more help than we could possibly need.

No word on the cause of the fire yet. The fire investigator is over there now.

The safe was a browning hells canyon. I also had a streamlight flashlight on my bed side table that somehow made it and still functions. I was pretty impressed with it.

Comment

Originally posted by philcam View Post
                              Yeah I’ve thought of that too but I ended up going with the neighbors thinking if they get out and wake the neighbors up they can call 911 in case I didn’t wake up.. I figured I’m gonna be going looking for my kids reguardless.. only two of them are old enough to understand, I’d have to be going in for the infant no matter what..

Comment

Glad your family is safe and thanks for the reminder!

You can't have too many smoke detectors! Replace the batteries yearly. Buy some for your deer camp also, very few think of that. There is rarely a reason for anyone to perish in a house fire.

Comment

Working...
                                X