• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a productive trip! Now for some sausage makin

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Lodge pics

Here's some more lodge pics. Built in 1985 by Model Log Homes and the spouse and brothers. 10 inch doug fir logs. Headed in to town for sausage seasoning at Hess Meats today then early Saturday morning we head back to Wyoming.
        6 hogs down on this trip and more possibilities if we wanted them, we left some for the paying hunters.
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a heck of a place and a great time! Congrats on the success.

Comment

Thank you. They offer hog hunts to the public. RedRiverBreaks.com
            If this mention of the name is against forum rules I apologize, take the action appropriate mods.

Comment

Good job Pam. KAP (kill all pigs). Mike said he's been seeing lots of pigs on the east end. Looks like y'all didn't even make a dent in em. Be safe going home.

Comment

So this is wild... I dated the granddaughter of the owner of this place back in 2006. I recall visiting her grandmother on several occasions, back when she lived there. I knew I recognized the interior and the view out the back.

Wonderful family and super nice. It doesn't surprise me that you've had a great experience hunting that property.

Comment

That would have been on of my nieces.

Most of these pigs were form the east end. Plenty more for Mike to trap.
                  Thanks Mark we'll be headed put early Saturday morning, hogs in the cooler and sausage seasoning going North.
                  Turkeys are starting to strut too up on the east end.

Comment

We're firing up the smoker tomorrow morning. Supposed to get way above freezing so it's a go, lol.
                    Brought the wood, pecan, up from Texas and the hog to go on it. I'll bring in the wood today to get it warmed up before we fire up.
                    We have some friends down town to share it with, a shoulder and a side of ribs this time. Probably have to finish it in the oven unfortunately, but it will make for some great pulled pork.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Awesome eats!

I'm heading south tomorrow morning for about 8 days in Texas. Hopefully the hogs cooperate!

Comment

Working...
                      X