Crossfit Open 2019?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
    This is more what I am looking for in an athleticism program. I had to google half the terms ha. Honestly the Olympic lifts are what is going to take a lot of time and patience for myself. I have been working on my Olympic style front squat and got it down pretty well with some decent loads with a strict rack grip. OH squat I bet I would lose my balance and fall over with 155lbs on the bar
    They probably went easy today since the open is tomorrow.

Comment

Pretty sure I won't get close to finishing the first round within 8mins. I will just work through the 13 squat cleans and see what my time is. I suck at DUs.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
        This is more what I am looking for in an athleticism program. I had to google half the terms ha. Honestly the Olympic lifts are what is going to take a lot of time and patience for myself. I have been working on my Olympic style front squat and got it down pretty well with some decent loads with a strict rack grip. OH squat I bet I would lose my balance and fall over with 155lbs on the bar
        The Olympic lifts are what kill me too, mainly overhead squat and snatch, I hate them lol.

There used to he a website called crossfit football and it was geared more towards power lifts and conditioning, if you Google "crossfit football" you can see a Reddit thread where a guy compiled all the 2015 crossfit football workouts, they are pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I did death by squats today so I’m guessing I won’t be able to do many squat cleans! Made it a full 17 rounds and then 16 reps on the last one. Feel like a little foal.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyz View Post
            I did death by squats today so I’m guessing I won’t be able to do many squat cleans! Made it a full 17 rounds and then 16 reps on the last one. Feel like a little foal.
            17+16 on 19.1?

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
              17+16 on 19.1?
              Death by Squats

Min 0 - 1 24 kg squat
              Min 1 - 2
              Min 2 - 3
              Etc. until you can’t do all the squats before the minute. So by 16:45 I did the required 17. Rested for 15 seconds and was only able to do 16 before the clock rolled over 18:00. I was 2 short of making the complete round.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyz View Post
                Death by Squats

Min 0 - 1 24 kg squat
                Min 1 - 2
                Min 2 - 3
                Etc. until you can’t do all the squats before the minute. So by 16:45 I did the required 17. Rested for 15 seconds and was only able to do 16 before the clock rolled over 18:00. I was 2 short of making the complete round.
                Gotcha

Comment

I suck at DUs.... the rest i can do. Wish i could get to the 225lbs. I can do them in a workout but my DUs/time has me trying to finish 185 if im lucky i think.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

This wod is tough. I remember barely making 225 in ‘16. I’m going to break my toes to bars in 5’s, dubs are easy and I believe I will do all singles. Havnt touched a barbell in 6 months. (Besides some back squats lol) This should be fun [emoji26]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

242 scaled
                      Attached Files

Comment

173 RX for me. That's 8 reps at 185. I did the first set of ttb ub because they felt great. But they did wind me and i could never catch my breath after that. Kicking myself for not sucking it up, pacing better, and getting 5 more reps. But i am not willing to do it again. There was much laying on the floor afterwards.

Comment

I went UB on T2B i. Less than a min, then finished my DUs at 505... (suck at them) unbroken on 135 and then got finished with T2B. Wasnt really winded bad but just can't do DU.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s why I scaled. My legs were already shredded from Thursday and I can’t do DUs the way you need to for this timed workout. Scaled was reasonable and i got to go deeper into the workout. Somehow after 12 min I was still soaking wet and needed much laying on the floor afterwards as well!

Comment

2+81 on mine, did the masters RX weight and singles, don’t have the DU’s yet

Comment

344 scaled.

I'm pretty happy with that

Comment

Working...
                                X