No announcement yet.

Randall Tex Cobb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Tex Cobb fight with Larry Holmes got Howard Cosell out of announcing boxing.

Comment

Old school tough guy. Never forget the beating he took from Holmes and wouldn’t go down. As they touched gloves before the 15th round a bloody Cobb mouthed “let’s party.”

Comment

Originally posted by jimned View Post
        The Tex Cobb fight with Larry Holmes got Howard Cosell out of announcing boxing.
        Yea, Cobb was quoted as saying "If I had known me fighting Holmes would make Cosell out of boxing I would have done it a lot sooner!" LOL...

Comment

The guy called everybody "Darlin' ". As a fighter he had a great chin for sure. But that cat would not stay down. Very funny dude.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post

I remember him as this.
            The dude could take a punch that’s for sure.
            Still one of my all time favorite movies.

Leonard Smalls: ”You want to find an outlaw, hire an outlaw. You want to find a Dunkin' Donuts, call a cop”

Comment

I remember my dad sitting me down in front of the tv to watch Ali, Frazier, Foreman and even Tex Cobb. We watched all the fights and it's something I will always remember. I would even call him from college (in the 80's) before and after fights to compare notes. It's too bad that boxing is not what it used to be...man that makes me sound old!

Comment

I remember him. He was like a Timex watch, he could take a licking and keep on ticking.

Comment

I can remember watching boxing on regular TV, one of 3 channels.

Comment

I liked Howard and Muhammad Ali. I know Ali was a mouth but in his prime he could stand behind it. I sure miss boxing from the late 60's till the mid 80's.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                      I liked Howard and Muhammad Ali. I know Ali was a mouth but in his prime he could stand behind it. I sure miss boxing from the late 60's till the mid 80's.
                      Lot's of good to great fighters in a bunch of weight classes back then. 15 round fights too. You had to be much of a man...

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
                        I remember him most for "Raising Arizona" and "Uncommon Valor".
                        Raising Arizona is a great movie. Ill take all your cash and these here huggies.
                        Tex was a tuff nut!

Comment

My grandpaw claimed tex took a .38 special to the stomach and it stopped in the mussel.
                          Anyone herd that one?

Comment

42-7-1 over 16 years of boxing. Not a bad record.

cricman

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                              Yep he was born and raised in Abilene . Tough dude that liked to fight he would just as soon hit ya as to look at ya !!
                              He was born in Bridge City.

Did anyone know he gradumacated Magna *** Laude from Temple University in 2008?

Comment

Working...
                              X