No announcement yet.

Mexico 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on a great buck and welcome to the cult. Merry Christmas to you and all

Comment

Originally posted by red-fin View Post
      This story started many years ago when I started hearing very intriguing stories about whitetail hunting in Mexico. I told myself one day I would go.

Fast forward to couple months ago or so I post on here about my interest and get some great responses from guys on this thread and one of them was Jbguide (Justin). He had just what I was looking for with an inexpensive lease and he was willing to take me and show me the ropes until I was comfortable with going on my own. I have had nothing but good experiences with good hunters on the lease, a great cowboy, and Justin has done every single thing he said he would do. So y’all now have a new hunter in Mexico most likely for as long as I can physically go.

Justin and I went to the ranch (Loma Penta) on 12-18 and on the morning of the 19th I went to a new setup that we put up last time we there. Never been hunted. I pulled the camera card when feeding roads and around feeder. And looked at it in stand before light. To my surprise I saw my stand had been visited recently by a deer the hunters on the ranch knew well as “Stickers”. They had history on the deer and he was a “shooter”. I was also happy to see numerous other deer on the cameras. When light came I could see a buck a long way off coming down a large hill towards my set, I lost him in the brush without getting a good look but that in itself got me super excited. That’s exactly the reason I decided to hunt Mexico because of the renewed excitement for me in hunting. And with a buck coming in you never know what the next buck will be, 110” or 200” class deer. The next thing I know the deer is in the feeder area, head behind brush, watching thru my bino’s I can’t make him out or get an age yet. The longer I watch him though the more glimpses of horns I get and I start getting the idea he is big. He walks toward feeder more and his head comes up, I see he is big, I see the drop, I immediately recognize him as Stickers. Binos go down, old Savage 7mm mag comes up and I busted him high in shoulder. Dropped him where he stood.

I am very proud and excited of my first Mexico buck. Main frame 8, 12 score able points, 26” beams, 9” drop, mass, stickers, 22 7/8 inside spread, 163” total, he has it all.

Thanks to My wife who doesn’t give me grief about where I chose to hunt. She actually encourages me. Because she gets it, she is also a avid hunter.
      Big thanks to Justin for getting me here. Thanks to all the hunters on the ranch who made me feel comfortable and showed me the place, EJ. Also our cowboy, he works hard for us to be successful.

To anyone thinking about hunting Mexico. Get yourself someone good to show you the ropes, and go for it, you won’t be disappointed. It’s all I thought it would be and more. I have never been even remotely apprehensive in any way.
      Big Congrats. Stickers will be hard to beat as cool of a trophy he is. Good luck on topping him and Welcome to the party

Comment

That's a fantastic buck. Congratulations!

Comment

Thanks for all the nice reply’s. Fortunately I have been hunting a long time and truly appreciate this deer and realize exactly what he is. For those of y’all that say I am hooked...well your exactly RIGHT!!

Comment

Unbelievable deer of a lifetime for some of us..congrats

Comment

Safe travels if heading out tomorrow gents....we are!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                Safe travels if heading out tomorrow gents....we are!

4:30 wake up and should cross in time to load up on groceries and beer. We are going for at least 7 days.

Comment

Nice man...we are rolling at 0600 and crossing at Falcon after an HEB stop....then beer stop in Mx. Staying until 31st. Good luck brother.

Comment

Good luck boyz. Ill be back down after the first

Comment

Thanks for all the nice reply’s. Fortunately I have been hunting a long time and truly appreciate this deer and realize exactly what he is. For those of y’all that say I am hooked...well your exactly RIGHT!!
                      Congrats on a beautiful south of the river buck. I too killed my first Mexico buck this year.

Best of luck to all the hunters there or headed there. Be safe and kill a stud!

Rwc

Comment

Crossing first thing Saturday morning for a week of hunting. Should be a good time, and we will see what rolls in. Almost done packing and counting down the minutes.

Comment

This story started many years ago when I started hearing very intriguing stories about whitetail hunting in Mexico. I told myself one day I would go.

Fast forward to couple months ago or so I post on here about my interest and get some great responses from guys on this thread and one of them was Jbguide (Justin). He had just what I was looking for with an inexpensive lease and he was willing to take me and show me the ropes until I was comfortable with going on my own. I have had nothing but good experiences with good hunters on the lease, a great cowboy, and Justin has done every single thing he said he would do. So y’all now have a new hunter in Mexico most likely for as long as I can physically go.

Justin and I went to the ranch (Loma Penta) on 12-18 and on the morning of the 19th I went to a new setup that we put up last time we there. Never been hunted. I pulled the camera card when feeding roads and around feeder. And looked at it in stand before light. To my surprise I saw my stand had been visited recently by a deer the hunters on the ranch knew well as “Stickers”. They had history on the deer and he was a “shooter”. I was also happy to see numerous other deer on the cameras. When light came I could see a buck a long way off coming down a large hill towards my set, I lost him in the brush without getting a good look but that in itself got me super excited. That’s exactly the reason I decided to hunt Mexico because of the renewed excitement for me in hunting. And with a buck coming in you never know what the next buck will be, 110” or 200” class deer. The next thing I know the deer is in the feeder area, head behind brush, watching thru my bino’s I can’t make him out or get an age yet. The longer I watch him though the more glimpses of horns I get and I start getting the idea he is big. He walks toward feeder more and his head comes up, I see he is big, I see the drop, I immediately recognize him as Stickers. Binos go down, old Savage 7mm mag comes up and I busted him high in shoulder. Dropped him where he stood.

I am very proud and excited of my first Mexico buck. Main frame 8, 12 score able points, 26” beams, 9” drop, mass, stickers, 22 7/8 inside spread, 163” total, he has it all.

Thanks to My wife who doesn’t give me grief about where I chose to hunt. She actually encourages me. Because she gets it, she is also a avid hunter.
                          Big thanks to Justin for getting me here. Thanks to all the hunters on the ranch who made me feel comfortable and showed me the place, EJ. Also our cowboy, he works hard for us to be successful.

To anyone thinking about hunting Mexico. Get yourself someone good to show you the ropes, and go for it, you won’t be disappointed. It’s all I thought it would be and more. I have never been even remotely apprehensive in any way.
                          Great deer and read congrats

Comment

Congrats on a great buck!

Comment

Congrats on a great deer!!

Comment

Toad right there. Congrats

Comment

Working...
                                X