Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s awesome! Congrats

Comment

I drew my any elk and an additional cow tag. Now I can shoot the first elk I see and get the monkey off my back if need be. We will be going in DIY on horseback and hunting for 2 weeks.
      Undisclosed location of course

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
        Not this year. Building points until Wyoming scraps its whole "non-residents can only hunt wilderness with one of our licensed guides" rule. Meanwhile they will let any hiker under the sun into those area's alone.
        You do know a resident can get one of those guide licenses for free and guide you?
        It's a stupid law and most all residents do not like it, but the outfitters sure do.

Good luck guys. You all hunting the western side be sure to check on the wolf regs for your area. Might just get a chance at one.
        We have some over here near Laramie too can be shot on sight.

Comment

Today results are out for sheep, moose and mt goat.
          Looks like I'll be doing some bighorn sheep hunting. Drew a tag in a DIY area I know part of quite well.
          Once in a lifetime for me, no more sheep apps in my future.
          Saw this guy 2 years ago on public land.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
            Looks like I'll be doing some bighorn sheep hunting. Drew a tag in a DIY area I know part of quite well.
            Congrats! That's awesome

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
              Not this year. Building points until Wyoming scraps its whole "non-residents can only hunt wilderness with one of our licensed guides" rule. Meanwhile they will let any hiker under the sun into those area's alone.

Does this rule only apply for elk?

Comment

That is awesome!! Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by ca1219 View Post
                  Does this rule only apply for elk?
                  Applies for big game and trophy game hunters. Small game, birds , hiking etc do not need a guide. Thank the Wyoming Outfitters and Guides Association for the rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Djacker View Post
                    I'm sure with enough time and money this could be challenged and won in court. Maybe when I retire and have enough time I'll get after it!!
                    It is a state law. Unless you think it is unconstitutional (it isn't), there isn't a way to challenge it in court. You'd have to get Wyoming legislatures to change the law. They don't have any reason to.

Comment

Most all residents do not like the law and WYO&G has lots of money and influence.
                      As stated, no need to hunt wilderness areas anyway, we have plenty of public land that is great hunting.

Mossback hold those deer PP for few years, don't forget to buy more though. Region G had another rough winter. For elk you're great for a hunt anytime. If you have the money I would hunt area 7. If you want a DIY hunt for a nice bull then share your PP and hunt an area I know pretty well. Find someone with a few PP and party app. 2 great area come to mind for a DIY hunt actually.

Comment

Congrats WyTex on your sheep tag!

Comment

I was under the impression that in order for a non resident to hunt wilderness they needed to be with a resident. I didn’t know it had to be a licensed guide or outfitter. I’ve got a few friends in Wyoming but none that I know of that are “guides”

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                            I was under the impression that in order for a non resident to hunt wilderness they needed to be with a resident. I didn’t know it had to be a licensed guide or outfitter. I’ve got a few friends in Wyoming but none that I know of that are “guides”
                            Don’t hold your breath for this to ever change, but it doesn’t actually have to be a licensed guide, just a resident. If I remember correctly any resident can get up to 2 permits per year to take a nonresident. All they have to do is apply ahead of time with the hunters personal information.

Comment

Congrats on drawing a sheep tag!!!

Comment

They are supposed to have a resident guide license which I believe is free, but it only has to be a resident hunting with you, not a licensed guide from an outfitter.
                                I'm a little nervous I must admit but it's an area we know part of well. Looking for an 8 yr old ram.

Comment

Working...
                                X