Clear All

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
    Only thing missing is a Z71 decal!

Chevy bringing back the Avalanche ???

Ugly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by thehairlessone! View Post
      Think about it. In 5 years an electric vehicle will be in most peoples drive way. There is literally no maintenance. No oil changes, no gas, no fuel filters, oxygen sensors or anything else. Only saving you money.

I drove a Tesla model 3. If I was in the market for a car in that price range I would definately buy one. No doubt in my mind. If I was going to buy a new truck I would wait a while and get an electric model.

They wanted $75 to change the oil for synthetic on my ford ranger. Add up the costs every year and it is cheaper than a gas vehicle over a few years.

Rick
      Have you researched the cost of actually charging those vehicles at home? I'm 99% certain it's more over time that oil changes.
      Have you researched replacing those huge batteries when they crap out? I hear thousands of dollars and odds are your not going to dispose of them for free either.
      Can an electric be taken cross country conveniently....nope.
      I'm just guessing but the net cost of ownership is not near the savings.some folks think

Comment

Originally posted by Chief View Post
        Chevy bringing back the Avalanche ???

Ugly

I thought the SSR truck was the ugliest. And that Ford Ranchero

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          These vehicles brag about that 300 to 500 mile range but its not like filling up with gas after that range. You have to park that sucker for 10 hours to charge it. Can you imagine the line at gas stations if it took 10 hours to fuel up?
          I saw a Tesla out of juice stuck on the inside lane on the Beltway in Houston on Monday. Electric vehicles are not for me. I would be worried about losing power just like that guy was experiencing.

Comment

Yes this change in technology isn’t going to be accepted too well by some of us imo. I do think suburbia will embrace it well but us folks that are old school not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              These vehicles brag about that 300 to 500 mile range but its not like filling up with gas after that range. You have to park that sucker for 10 hours to charge it. Can you imagine the line at gas stations if it took 10 hours to fuel up?
              The solution is generic removable batteries. So you pull up, someone removes the old battery, puts a new one in. Instead of a gas station, you would have a battery station. All cars would essentially run with the same battery pack. This is why electric trucks are better for development of electric vehicles than cars. You can use the bed to set the battery pack. In a car, you have to pack them into any free space you can find.

Originally posted by thehairlessone! View Post
              Think about it. In 5 years an electric vehicle will be in most peoples drive way. There is literally no maintenance. No oil changes, no gas, no fuel filters, oxygen sensors or anything else. Only saving you money.

I drove a Tesla model 3. If I was in the market for a car in that price range I would definately buy one. No doubt in my mind. If I was going to buy a new truck I would wait a while and get an electric model.

They wanted $75 to change the oil for synthetic on my ford ranger. Add up the costs every year and it is cheaper than a gas vehicle over a few years.

Rick
              All Tesla's are ugly. The only people buying them are folks with deep pockets who don't care about style or performance. If what you say actually happens, expect your cost per KWH to increase significantly. The power grid isn't there to support it. Even at $75, say 3 times a year (15,000 miles/year) oil gets changed, or $225/year. Your electric bill would be much higher with an electric car charging every night. A co worker has a Tesla, and the car has had multi month stays in the shop due to break downs. It once spend 4 weeks in the shop because a door handle broke. They had to replace the entire door.

Bottom line, I like the idea of electric cars, but they aren't all sunshine and roses.

Comment

Atlis Electric truck looks pretty cool IMO. If the battery life/charge time is what they claim it is then I might be interested in it.

Comment

If they are available when I buy my next truck and priced reasonably, I will probably consider buying one.

Most of my driving is fairly short now, but I need one that can meet my needs that is outside of my daily driving habits.

-round trip to deer lease in summer for work days - 150 miles round trip in TX heat with AC kicking on high and some idle time with AC running on high when I take a break and cool down
                  -round trip to deer lease in winter for quick day hunting trips. - 150 miles round trip in 25 degrees + idle time for when I'm gutting or quartering a deer and my kids want to warm up
                  -Pull 7500lb travel trailer (32') in either TX heat or in winter and get reasonable mileage (more than 300 miles). Would like to be able to go from Austin to at least Lafayette, LA; Little Rock, AR; Tulsa, OK, Amarillo or El Paso without needing a charge while pulling it.
                  -Or if it can't make that the mileage needed above at least be able to be charged quickly (i.e. 1 hour or less) from a generator for those times that I pull the camper long distances. If I could stop to grab a bite to eat and be able to hook a generator (i don't mind putting one in the bed of the truck to take with me) and give it a charge when there isn't a charging station around would be a good enough work around to the lack of mileage.
                  -4 wheel drive off-road through mud and water. Must be able to go through at least 2 foot of water without killing the elect components

I think maybe a hybrid would more fit my needs though for those times I'm pulling my camper long distances in the TX heat + AC on high + 3-5 phones/ipads charging/in use. Run on electricity when it's available, then switch to gas to drive further and recharge the battery.
                  Last edited by BigL; 11-22-2019, 11:24 AM.

Comment

I am all for innovation and clean energy vehicles....as a consumer I will make the leap when it is the right time and makes sense for me. Trying to shove it down peoples throats, and peeing on their foot about benefits will do it more harm than good for those wanting everyone to go electric tomorrow.

Hows your Volt holding up Obama?

Comment

Just watched the video of Musk showing it off. Unbreakable windows broke and they said it has a 250 mile range. That wouldn't hardly even get me to the lease and back, not to mention the running around once you are there. No thanks, I'll wait another decade for the battery technologies to catch up.

Comment

Imagine sneaking down a sendero in an electric hunting truck. Stealth mode.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                          Atlis Electric truck looks pretty cool IMO. If the battery life/charge time is what they claim it is then I might be interested in it.

Now this looks like something that I might be interested in. That Tesla truck screams Battlestar Galactica prop to me. I predict it’ll flop. This is a new technology and there are tons of kinks to work out but this is coming...like it or not. I see a time coming when you will need special permission to own a gas vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                            Tesla's car's are ugly too. That won't stop people from buying the trendy new thing. Even if it can only ever be used in a city.

If drive a Tesla P100D in a heartbeat.

That’s a nice looking car and fast as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              If drive a Tesla P100D in a heartbeat.

That’s a nice looking car and fast as hell.

The truck is not at what I was expecting. That’s ugly as sin.

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                                I see a time coming when you will need special permission to own a gas vehicle.
                                x2

Comment

Working...
                                X