• Show
Clear All

No way you can share 25 acres.

Comment

You always have October to your self .

Comment

At least you’ll know when he shoots!

Comment

Way to freakin small for another hunter...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

May be he will cut you a break on the price..we don’t know how many times will the new gun hunter hunt the place? Typically opening rifle season, thanksgiving and Christmas holidays are peak. Scent control can be tricky if the wind is iffy I tend to believe bow hunters have as much or more chance of pushing deer. If Price distance and quality of deer are decent you have a month head start..

Comment

It’s real close to the house, like 5 minutes away close. Deer activity is pretty good. Hogs run the property daily too. As far as sharing the property goes, I wasn’t too worried because we honestly won’t be hunting at the same times on most occasions anyways. The rifle hunting is the big concern. I do have a month head start, but I’ll only be able to hunt maybe 5-8 times in that time span.

Comment

Maybe just consider it an archery place...
                Come to an agreement with the landowner that the guy can’t access it in archery season.

Comment

Price is everything in this situation, if it’s $250 it’s worth a shot, if it’s $1000 a gun there’s no way. Good luck!!

Comment

The legality of this place may not work for a rifle hunter, by the way you describe it. Have you checked if its legal with a firearm?

Yeah I know it's more than 10 acres da da da but some counties still don't allow it. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                      Too small of a place for 2 hunters regardless of weapon of choice IMO.
                      agree...

Comment

Try it for a season. Then go from there. He may never show up. I hope the rifle guy climbs way up a tree. He is responsible for his where his bullet travels. Or pay the extra money and keep for yourself. Work our opposing hunt days. Good luck!

Comment

Stupid question, is it just the fact that rifles are so loud it makes deer too skittish for bow hunting or is there an additional reason?

Comment

I owned 20 acres and could set in the middle of it and shoot and kill a deer anywhere on it with a .243..
                            The land owner doesn't sound very smart/wise..
                            I would keep searching..

Comment

Originally posted by bcj jones View Post
                              Stupid question, is it just the fact that rifles are so loud it makes deer too skittish for bow hunting or is there an additional reason?

It is the amount of pressure that two separate hunters put on such a small piece of property.
                              Even if the two of you don’t bump any deer, your entry/exit scent will decrease their comfort level using the property.

Mature deer will quickly stop using the place in daylight, but younger bucks and doe groups will take a lot more pressure before leaving altogether.

Comment

The rifle hunter is not going to "ruin" the bowhunting.

Too much pressure is going to ruin all the hunting. On 25 acres, by the time general rolls around all the decent bucks will be gone or nocturnal.

One guy on 25 acres is going to have to watch himself to not "ruin" his own hunting.

Comment

Working...
                                X