PSA....Charcoal Lab puppies FS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmac View Post
    LOL. Why do people get so bent out of shape over this? If you don’t like it don’t buy one. No reason to be a smart *** Bear. I’m stating a fact. I have a Charcoal lab. He is registered with AKC as a Black lab. All his ancestors are registered AKC labs too. If you remain confused maybe you can take it up with the AKC as to why they let me register my lab as black and why the breeder I bought him from does this for three or four litters a year for the last several years.
    With all due respect, that breeder is circumventing the system and lying when he registers those litters. Your dog is beautiful and probably a bad ***, but he doesn't meet the AKC requirements, so somebody lied. You know as well as I do, that nobody from the AKC really knows what color your dog or any other dog is. Any breeder that knowingly registers an off color dog is just flat wrong. This is why the British are so steadfast in their registry, because American breeders have dang near ruined the breed. The rules are there in black and white....actually in Black and Yellow and Chocolate. But Black is pretty easy to determine. I don't really care about the AKC, but why have rules if they're not gonna be followed.

Comment

Hoss great looking dog, I prefer silver and chocolate, some folks just like to burn threats by breaking rules LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER3388 View Post
        Its a mutt. There is no such thing with labs. They are cross bred with weimeriners. Its a fake breed people are too stupid to realize the truth. These need to be killed and not bred. Its ruining the labrador breed. Its irresponsible to breed these dogs. And a scam to sell them to people.

I dont care if I hurt anyones feelings here. This is the truth. I have $15-$20,000 labs. I KNOW the breed.
        Good to see ppl about 7 days into their TBH brotherhood crapping on folks. Welcome to the fire, FYI, this is not archerytalk or ebay.!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          With all due respect, that breeder is circumventing the system and lying when he registers those litters. Your dog is beautiful and probably a bad ***, but he doesn't meet the AKC requirements, so somebody lied. You know as well as I do, that nobody from the AKC really knows what color your dog or any other dog is. Any breeder that knowingly registers an off color dog is just flat wrong. This is why the British are so steadfast in their registry, because American breeders have dang near ruined the breed. The rules are there in black and white....actually in Black and Yellow and Chocolate. But Black is pretty easy to determine. I don't really care about the AKC, but why have rules if they're not gonna be followed.
          I agree with you on rules. But if you are not going to accept variations in color then you are being a hypocrite to accept Chocolate labs. These were not originally recognized by the Kennel clubs either, became accepted sometime on the 20th century. And are believed to be a result of breeding with Chesapeake Bay retrievers. In fact if you read more about the lab breed their ansectors commonly had white markings on their chest and feet. As I understand it Charcoals and Silvers are a dilution of the chocolate and black labs from breeding with white or light phase yelllows (which are accepted by the AKC).

Comment

Originally posted by gmac View Post
            I agree with you on rules. But if you are not going to accept variations in color then you are being a hypocrite to accept Chocolate labs. These were not originally recognized by the Kennel clubs either, became accepted sometime on the 20th century. And are believed to be a result of breeding with Chesapeake Bay retrievers. In fact if you read more about the lab breed their ansectors commonly had white markings on their chest and feet. As I understand it Charcoals and Silvers are a dilution of the chocolate and black labs from breeding with white or light phase yelllows (which are accepted by the AKC).
            I absolutely agree with you on chocolates. Just because the AKC recognizes chocolates doesn't mean that I have to.

Comment

So a chocolate, yellow, or black can be registered but a charcoal or silver from the same litter cannot? i judge a dog more by the content of their character not the color of their skin

Comment

Originally posted by Doublelunger View Post
                So a chocolate, yellow, or black can be registered but a charcoal or silver from the same litter cannot? i judge a dog more by the content of their character not the color of their skin
                I'm not saying it makes sense, I'm saying the rule is very plainly defined. The AKC is joke now anyhow. There are fine, fine dogs with no registry or defined lineage. BUT...if you're gonna tout "AKC Registered" then it should at least meet the standard. Just my opinion which ain't worth much.

Comment

Don’t give 2 ****s if this dog is registered with AKC or not but she’s going to be a total bad ***

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X