JFT Turkey Tour 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
    Turkeys made the hair and hooks. Remington made the highbrass casing, chinamen made the leather....

As for the assembly for display, yessir. Smart posted a thread some years back and I kinda went off of that and did what worked best for me....pm me your # and I can text some pics of the process.....

Punch out the primer, cut off the plastic, I got that. Hot glue the beard and leather ends inside the brass?

I have the spurs cut, center drilled out, and bone skinned...setting in borax. Just a little sandpaper after that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Public land Louisiana eastern dis mornin on the opener

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice Ducko!

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post

You’re the real turkey hunter! Congrats. From what I’ve heard, turkeys are getting hard to find in Louisiana

Comment

Punched my last two tags this evening. Gotta get them on ice and hit the road. Recap and photos tomorrow.

Comment

Way to go Duckologist! Very impressive. Break out the Abita and craws

Comment

Nice bird duckologist!!

I totoally forgot what a rush it was to hunt turkeys. Had my first sit this afternoon in almost 10 years. Had 3 big toms come in on the first call. Literally 5 minutes and they were there at 20 yards. BUT they were behind me with no shot opportunities. Didn’t come to the decoys. Toyed with them for a while and split up. Let the dust settle for 30 minutes or so. Hit the call and bam, gobbles in all directions. Within 20 minutes I had about 10 jakes and toms Behring me again and had a hellava fight. No shots again. All quiet after about another 10 minutes. Was a freakin rush and ready to get back at. I remember now clay why you love this hunt

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post

Very nice!

I wish I was at the lease tonight, I bet it’s crazy in the morning.

Comment

You girls out there singin kum bay ya out there in Christoval?

Surely a group of tom slayers such as that didn’t get blanked...?[emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Beards&Spurs View Post
                        You’re the real turkey hunter! Congrats. From what I’ve heard, turkeys are getting hard to find in Louisiana
                        Nothin easy about easterns in Louisiana and on public is downright a nut kick

Comment

Well done Ducko..... helluva bird “real turkey hunter”..[emoji2957][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

JFT Turkey Tour 2019

Slow slow here. Seeing and hearing Toms. Just very few talking back or looking for love. ...

Humper got him a good one this afternoon though. Unfortunately Clay, myself and PoPo are going home empty handed. Weird start to the season.... no mesquites or oak leaves yet. Hoping they still haven’t kicked off good yet because they are acting like it’s still a little early as a whole. 3 birds so far. This time last year we had 11-12 dead IIRC..

Comment

Didn’t get brisket pics but got blueberry cobbler pics

Comment

Yesterday was a good day...Click image for larger version

Name:	20190406_211227.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	24575937Click image for larger version

Name:	20190406_203227.jpg
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	24575938Click image for larger version

Name:	20190406_203213.jpg
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	24575939