JFT Turkey Tour 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For y'all what know what you are doing:

Is your strategy on big groups of birds any different than otherwise? Headed up on Friday and got a report that the birds were mostly in big groups on the roost.

There are four of us heading west, but we don't know shiat. The turkey bug bit me hard last year, but I got blanked on my one trip later in the season.
    Last edited by El General; 04-03-2019, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
      For y'all what know what you are doing:

Is your strategy on big groups of birds any different than otherwise? Headed up on Friday and got a report that the birds were mostly in big groups on the roost.

There are four of us heading west, but we don't know shiat. The turkey bug bit me hard last year, but I got blanked.

Just a few more hen decoys off the roost. Try to figure out where they want to be and get ahead of em

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
        Took my first Texas Longbeard yesterday morning. I have killed half dozen birds in Kansas with my bow, but never had somewhere to hunt them in Texas. We had a couple different bookings fall through over last few weeks, and got desperate enough to try Craigslist!! I found a guy doing bird hunts out of Bryson, Tx, so that is where we ended up. We each took one tom, and I managed to get some decent footage including my kill shot. I'll post that video when my little brother gets it all done. My good buddy hunting with us, is a woodworking fool and he made us some slate calls to take and they did GREAT. Here are a few pics from the weekend.

Yesterday's action got me so pumped up I need some more. If anyone has any leads on bird hunts let me know please!
        I'm only going to take one more bird here near Medina if your interested

Comment

Originally posted by hawkpuppy 1 View Post
          i'm only going to take one more bird here near medina if your interested
          pm sent

Comment

Purchased my New Mexico tags today boys! Can’t wait to chase some public land birds!

Comment

Cant wait

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
                Took my first Texas Longbeard yesterday morning. I have killed half dozen birds in Kansas with my bow, but never had somewhere to hunt them in Texas. We had a couple different bookings fall through over last few weeks, and got desperate enough to try Craigslist!! I found a guy doing bird hunts out of Bryson, Tx, so that is where we ended up. We each took one tom, and I managed to get some decent footage including my kill shot. I'll post that video when my little brother gets it all done. My good buddy hunting with us, is a woodworking fool and he made us some slate calls to take and they did GREAT. Here are a few pics from the weekend.

Yesterday's action got me so pumped up I need some more. If anyone has any leads on bird hunts let me know please!

Hellluva weekend! Congrats Justin!

You sold on those more expensive dekes?..

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                  Puttin on some miles this week.

Today I'm in Houston for my mom's appt at MD Anderson.
                  Tomorrow I'm back to Houston for Texas Water Conference.
                  Friday we're heading to hunt with Smart.

Oh ****!! Is that this weekend?......

Looking forward to having PoPo and Uncle Dupa out again this weekend. We weren't quiet as hot this opening weekend as last but we are hoping this good weather will have them up and moving. We killed two great toms this past weekend and we had two clean misses from other members' kids. Easily could have been 4 for the 4 hunters. Anyway...the weather should be much better this weekend and we will have a good crowd at the place. I'm about to turnaround and go back tomorrow morning and prep for the JFT entourage and cameras....

Hope Miss Sally is OK..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Hellluva weekend! Congrats Justin!

You sold on those more expensive dekes?..
                    Thanks! Yes sir I am. I want to add some to it before next season. Really wanting to hunt more next spring. Plan to do a good trip to Kansas for sure.

Comment

JFT Turkey Tour 2019

Just confirmed that Ryan with Billingsby Road Taxidermy received Logan’s bird [emoji1303][emoji4]

Goin with this pose.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Oh ****!! Is that this weekend?......

Looking forward to having PoPo and Uncle Dupa out again this weekend. We weren't quiet as hot this opening weekend as last but we are hoping this good weather will have them up and moving. We killed two great toms this past weekend and we had two clean misses from other members' kids. Easily could have been 4 for the 4 hunters. Anyway...the weather should be much better this weekend and we will have a good crowd at the place. I'm about to turnaround and go back tomorrow morning and prep for the JFT entourage and cameras....

Hope Miss Sally is OK..

Grandma Sally is doin great! Today was just a checkup on her ears [emoji1317]

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                          Just confirmed that Ryan with Billingsby Road Taxidermy received Logan’s bird [emoji1303][emoji4]

Goin with this pose.

[IMG]https:/uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190403/c93c7b7f887a4d6012f9cfc91e577839.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https:/uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190403/051e9bc2edb872638baf5dddde5295d5.jpg[/IMG]
                          Nice! It’d be a hard choice between him, birdman, and blackwing!

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
                            Nice! It’d be a hard choice between him, birdman, and blackwing!

I think his heads are slightly better than Blackwing

Birdman is awesome but also the most expensive.

Comment

I like that pose!

Comment

Hey Smart...be sure to have everything ready for me when I get there tomorrow.

Zima iced down
                                air conditioner on
                                popup setup under a nice shade tree
                                turkeys tied up

We'll see you around 1ish!

Comment

Working...
                                X