JFT Turkey Tour 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
    Lol. It looks like the image I posted was from 1997 so I imagine populations have gone up in a lot of places.
    there were turkeys in 1997?

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
      there were turkeys in 1997?
      I'm saying some areas that maybe had sparse populations exploded over time. From maybe a few regionally back then to a lot locally now. Here in fannin county we went from lots of quail and no turkey to no quail and lots of turkey. Things change regionally.

Comment

Ok I’ll look back. I took some tail feathers and wing feathers, no breast feathers.

Comment

Finally home. If you can turkey hunt tomorrow, do it! I guarantee the birds will be absolutely hammering from the roost. May be a different story after they fly down depending on where you’re hunting. Henned up early in Menard county.

Comment

I guess those yankees up in Christoval slept in this mornin

Comment

On the board last night. Whiffed the first bird. This guy, not so lucky.

He got me though as I kneeled on his spur for the pic back at camp.

I want to be like Chew when I grow old.... er.

Comment

Maybe 243 could post a map that was at least made in this century......so we could all know what we are killing

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post

Congrats!

Those are some nice hooks!

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                    Maybe 243 could post a map that was at least made in this century......so we could all know what we are killing

Comment

I guess those yankees up in Christoval slept in this mornin

Misting rain, 38 deg. Gonna go at em a little later after we run into town.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post

Attaboy Swamp!! Congrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Misting rain, 38 deg. Gonna go at em a little later after we run into town.

SMH

Go get em princess

Comment

The wind was killer this weekend East of Sonora. Saturday morning it started about 8 am and was still ripping pretty good when we left yesterday.

Heard a few different groups on the roost early, but not a peep after they pitched down. Called in a pair of hens around 9 am and they stayed for about half an hour. One of them even laid down for a bit in the field.

About 9:45 I ripped off a loud cutting sequence. About 15 min. later from 80 yards away a gobbler ripped off. First one we heard since they had been on the roost. A few minutes later he popped out at 60 yards. Took him 10 minutes to get to 40. He hung up out there and wanted no part of the jake decoy. Then one of the hens from earlier skirted us to get to him and I told my gf she needed to shoot him. 40 yard shot to a 10" beard and spurs a little over 1".

Didn't even hear them on the roost yesterday with the wind. Hunted about 4 hours but never heard or saw anything. Tough weekend in an area that's loaded with birds.

Comment

JFT Turkey Tour 2019

SMH

Go get em princess

Says the guy who blames it on a babysitter[emoji1787]

Sure thing... I’ll kill all 3 of my leftover allotment at the waterhole this evening.. see y’all next year[emoji12][emoji1787]
                                Last edited by Smart; 04-01-2019, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X