This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
    Put me down as one who believes Texas can pull another 10 win season. I actually think the defense will end up being a strength. All those secondary guys that came in with the 2018 class are going to show up. And the youngsters I saw on the defensive front against Georgia looked pretty good to me. Once again, Texas will win or lose based on the performance of the offensive line (and the health of Sam).

Same....I am a touched worried about LB.... Hopefully Shark steps up his game as a senior and we get some of the young guys rolling. Maybe Ossai if they don't roll him down to a Hager like DE...or even an Overshown sighting if they roll him up in the Rover position.

OL is the big question mark here for me too......and replacing LJHs productivity catching the ball and running after the catch.

Comment

I agree with you on the LBs. Doesn't seem to be a lot of depth there. It can't be too difficult to replace Hager's production. I'm not at all worried about losing LJH. Texas has depth and has recruited well. I do worry about 3rd and longs. CJ needs to really step it up this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Same....I am a touched worried about LB.... Hopefully Shark steps up his game as a senior and we get some of the young guys rolling. Maybe Ossai if they don't roll him down to a Hager like DE...or even an Overshown sighting if they roll him up in the Rover position.

OL is the big question mark here for me too......and replacing LJHs productivity catching the ball and running after the catch.
        Don't forget about Caleb Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by hoytassassin View Post
          Here's what i want both Aggies and Horns guys to debate about... Predictions for this coming year. Where do you legit see your team finishing the year at? For me i don't see A&M being better than 8-4. That schedule is tough @ Clemson, UGA, and LSU with Bama at home. A good year for the Ags would be 9-3 but 7-5 isn't out of the question either as A&M always loses at least one to either Auburn, Miss st, South Carolina. Mond is going to have to improve for anything to really happen and i don't see it. Last year at the beginning of the year(first 4 games or so) i would have taken Mond over Sam in a heartbeat but Sam's improvement sky rocketed as the year went. Texas on the other hand has a much easier schedule in my opinion with only two teams to really worry about, LSU & OU. Only stumble game i see for Texas is @ TCU so at worst i'll say 9-3 but i can see Texas beating both LSU and OU and going 12-0. I feel very comfortable saying Texas 10-2 for the year. Thoughts?
          If the Ags can avoid slipups to the likes of Arkansas, SC and Ole Miss and take care of home games against Auburn and MSU, the expectation is at least 8 wins. I'd love to see at least a split of the @Clemson/Bama/@UGA/@LSU to get to 10 wins, but that will be a tough task with 3/4 on the road with the last two back-to-back road games to finish the season. To achieve some semblance of relevancy, they need to win at least one of those games as likely underdogs, so I'm going to go with 9-3 to be considered a good season.
          My Flickr Photos

Comment

I'm not at all worried about losing LJH. .

Yes they recruited well but they gotta show me. Going back and watching the games, the dude goes up and gets the ball.... and then runs like a RB after the catch. I'm worried about those tough yards that extended drives....and those catches that weren't perfect throws.

Comment

Obviously LJH is going to be hard to replace because of his unique skill set, but I think the hardest spot to replace on offense will be Beck at TE. Brewer flashed as a freshman before he torn his ACL but didn’t do much last year. There are bodies there so hopefully one will step up. Beck was a safety valve for Sam and kept a lot of drives moving.

I think there’s enough skill guys to pick up LJH production.

Comment

TE will be difficult to replace from a blocking standpoint. Beck brought attitude to the line. Hopefully, the two young guys have had a chance to get serviceable at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                  Obviously LJH is going to be hard to replace because of his unique skill set, but I think the hardest spot to replace on offense will be Beck at TE. Brewer flashed as a freshman before he torn his ACL but didn’t do much last year. There are bodies there so hopefully one will step up. Beck was a safety valve for Sam and kept a lot of drives moving.

I think there’s enough skill guys to pick up LJH production.

Heck I saw LJH as the safety valve...Beck let several balls pass through his hands through the year....but he did step it up late in the season. His blocking I think is going to be missed more...IMO of course

Comment

Originally posted by hoytassassin View Post
                    Here's what i want both Aggies and Horns guys to debate about... Predictions for this coming year. Where do you legit see your team finishing the year at? For me i don't see A&M being better than 8-4. That schedule is tough @ Clemson, UGA, and LSU with Bama at home. A good year for the Ags would be 9-3 but 7-5 isn't out of the question either as A&M always loses at least one to either Auburn, Miss st, South Carolina. Mond is going to have to improve for anything to really happen and i don't see it. Last year at the beginning of the year(first 4 games or so) i would have taken Mond over Sam in a heartbeat but Sam's improvement sky rocketed as the year went. Texas on the other hand has a much easier schedule in my opinion with only two teams to really worry about, LSU & OU. Only stumble game i see for Texas is @ TCU so at worst i'll say 9-3 but i can see Texas beating both LSU and OU and going 12-0. I feel very comfortable saying Texas 10-2 for the year. Thoughts?
                    I predict Aggies have their best year since Manziel rookie year. The schedule is crazy hard with away games at Clemson, LSU and Georgia but love this coaching staff and how we looked end of last year. They will be going into the season very confident and I honestly think Mond is going to have his best year yet. A 9-3 season and fun bowl would make me very happy.
                    Win one out of three against the 3 big away games above and one other lost to Bama maybe.
                    No idea about Horns, only player on their team I can name is Dicker the Kicker but excited to see how they match up against LSU early in season.

Comment

Most of the throws he let "pass through his hands" were three feet over his head. For whatever reason, Sam could not make that throw when Beck was wide open going down the middle. It is a good point about replacing him. It's not a position I had given any thought to and probably should.

Comment

Yeah, Sam wasn’t good on that seam pass. Hopefully he figures it out this offseason because I think the younger TE are better athletes in space.

Comment

Most of the throws he let "pass through his hands" were three feet over his head. .

no...several throws in the flats through his hands is what I was referring to..

I don't blame Beck for the seam passes that would have been TDs
                          Last edited by Smart; 02-15-2019, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                            If the Ags can avoid slipups to the likes of Arkansas, SC and Ole Miss and take care of home games against Auburn and MSU, the expectation is at least 8 wins. I'd love to see at least a split of the @Clemson/Bama/@UGA/@LSU to get to 10 wins, but that will be a tough task with 3/4 on the road with the last two back-to-back road games to finish the season. To achieve some semblance of relevancy, they need to win at least one of those games as likely underdogs, so I'm going to go with 9-3 to be considered a good season.

Solid post! I think 9-3 is possible and continues the upward trajectory in Aggieland

It ain’t gonna be like it used to to be.......Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                              It ain’t gonna be like it used to to be.......Jimbo
                              Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Jeffrey McCullough will anchors y’all LB’s. Dudes quick and big.

Comment

Working...
                                X