X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
    Agreed

Texas lost 8 seniors on defense, 7 starters.
    The good news is Texas plays in a QB driven league. They should have the 1-2 best (interested to see what Hurts can do in the system) QB in the league.

I think that Herman has recruited some athletes to play defense in the Big 12 and you might see some of those different looks next year. I think the DL is going to surprise some people and not be as weak of a spot as most think.

Comment

Man I think the Dline will be fine. Wilbon played his *** off relieving Nelson and that dude is huge. Coburn either adds depth or beats him out. He looked good as well. Hager could be replaced by ChaseThis in his band uniform and flute.[emoji23][emoji23]. Watching 46 Ossai play in the last two games made me excited for his future as DE or OLB. I think he settles into Hagers role personally. Then there is Malcolm Roach, Graham, Ojomo, Carson, Christmas. Omenihu is going to be a tough replacement but I think we have the horses to have a pretty solid line.

Comment

Here's what i want both Aggies and Horns guys to debate about... Predictions for this coming year. Where do you legit see your team finishing the year at? For me i don't see A&M being better than 8-4. That schedule is tough @ Clemson, UGA, and LSU with Bama at home. A good year for the Ags would be 9-3 but 7-5 isn't out of the question either as A&M always loses at least one to either Auburn, Miss st, South Carolina. Mond is going to have to improve for anything to really happen and i don't see it. Last year at the beginning of the year(first 4 games or so) i would have taken Mond over Sam in a heartbeat but Sam's improvement sky rocketed as the year went. Texas on the other hand has a much easier schedule in my opinion with only two teams to really worry about, LSU & OU. Only stumble game i see for Texas is @ TCU so at worst i'll say 9-3 but i can see Texas beating both LSU and OU and going 12-0. I feel very comfortable saying Texas 10-2 for the year. Thoughts?

Comment

I agree. Ags 7-5 and Sip 12-0. Bet the house on it.

Comment

Originally posted by hoytassassin View Post
            Here's what i want both Aggies and Horns guys to debate about... Predictions for this coming year. Where do you legit see your team finishing the year at? For me i don't see A&M being better than 8-4. That schedule is tough @ Clemson, UGA, and LSU with Bama at home. A good year for the Ags would be 9-3 but 7-5 isn't out of the question either as A&M always loses at least one to either Auburn, Miss st, South Carolina. Mond is going to have to improve for anything to really happen and i don't see it. Last year at the beginning of the year(first 4 games or so) i would have taken Mond over Sam in a heartbeat but Sam's improvement sky rocketed as the year went. Texas on the other hand has a much easier schedule in my opinion with only two teams to really worry about, LSU & OU. Only stumble game i see for Texas is @ TCU so at worst i'll say 9-3 but i can see Texas beating both LSU and OU and going 12-0. I feel very comfortable saying Texas 10-2 for the year. Thoughts?
            We’ve never lost to South Carolina...ever.

Ags have one of the toughest schedule in the country, as usual, but I agree 9-3 is a huge stretch unless Mond really improves and our secondary is better.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
              We’ve never lost to South Carolina...ever.

Ags have one of the toughest schedule in the country, as usual, but I agree 9-3 is a huge stretch unless Mond really improves and our secondary is better.
              You're correct 5-0 but thats the tier of game where A&M has slipped. 50/50 type games. Last year for Texas it was Ok St and WVU. This year for Texas i feel like that slip game is TCU

Comment

Now we are predicting future schedule strengths? LOL. That's silly. As silly as way too early pre season polls. I guess both are good talking points this time of year.

I predict 8-9 wins for Oklahoma State, Baylor and West Virginia. LSU will be 11-1 as well as OU. Texas SOS will be top 8 with wins over two top 10 teams.....5 top 25 teams.

See how that works.
                Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 02-15-2019, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Trying to steer it in the right direction. PM me if you have specific questions and I may (or may not) elaborate.
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

If you quote a post that is deleted, or respond with "angst" then your post will likely be deleted, too, regardless of validity of additional content. Feel free to repost the valid thoughts without the other crap and it'll probably remain.
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

My way too early win prediction for UT would 9-10(reg. season). Probably a big win along with a big loss in there. We're gonna have a lot of new faces in starting positions, I'm hoping the defense is better, but there's no way to predict how these young guys are gonna play. Might be tougher and faster all around, might take till mid-way through the season to gel or might not gel at all. That's why we watch the games.

I think Aggie gets 8 w's +/- 1. Ya'll have some holes to fill as well. Call me captain obvious but I think your QB position needs to improve before you take that next step.

Comment

When is the ruling on Bru’s eligibility? Or have I missed it?

Comment

Put me down as one who believes Texas can pull another 10 win season. I actually think the defense will end up being a strength. All those secondary guys that came in with the 2018 class are going to show up. And the youngsters I saw on the defensive front against Georgia looked pretty good to me. Once again, Texas will win or lose based on the performance of the offensive line (and the health of Sam).

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
                            Put me down as one who believes Texas can pull another 10 win season. I actually think the defense will end up being a strength. All those secondary guys that came in with the 2018 class are going to show up. And the youngsters I saw on the defensive front against Georgia looked pretty good to me. Once again, Texas will win or lose based on the performance of the offensive line (and the health of Sam).
                            I am right there with you. My koolaid cup is running over! Already put in my season ticket renewal and ready for Spring Practice.

I am curious to see what Texas does on the Grad Transfer market at OL and RB. It is a balancing act with bringing in Grad Transfers and handling your existing roster especially now the the transfer portal. I think that is going to be an issue for teams trying to fill spots with GT's.

Comment

Horns are moving in a good direction. Really like the way the season sets up but we will lose a game maybe two that we shouldn't. 9-3 is my bet. Not a shock but QB play has to remain at a very high level for our success, RB is a concern mainly due to depth and the injuries that often occur, hoping we get lucky there, maybe Kirk Johnson can be healthy and ready to contribute. Believe our O-line is gonna come strong and D-line will be serviceable. It will be nice to string together some momentum after being in the desert the past 10 years.

Regarding preseason polls and rankings-they are basically a guess and interesting to review only after the season. They are meant to garner clicks and what one media outlet says one week, it will say something different the next week. Doesn't matter, the reality is that the determination of the quality of a program is built over time and with actual results of wins and losses. Scoreboard matters.

Comment

Always changing, except for those at the top of the heap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X