Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's called discussion. It's all there is to talk about.....brah.

I think most everyone knows it's waaaaaay too early to be bragging about the classes. You know how that worked out for some the last cycle. Most of us just mentioned some commitments over the weekend. What's wrong with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
      I'm an Aggie, but that is funny I dont care who you are.

What shocks me is all of you grown men, not you really rubi, arguing about soap opera kids and recruiting. We all know even a commitment is about as firm as a big girl's boobie. Kid will flip and flop until signing day.

Never heard of this Evans kid but if he is a top RB good chance he goes to LSU or bama. Just saying.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
      There are people saying Evans is the best RB recruit in state since Adrian Peterson. He isn't in Peterson's class, but he is a stud. He will be unquestionably a top 10 recruit in the country and is generally thought to be in the mix for top overall, though because he is a RB, I doubt that he ends up first overall.

He is a very important recruit for Texas because they are very light on overall RB numbers after missing on their top two targets in 2018 and having the one running back they signed have a very serious medical issue.

There are a couple of other very good backs in state in this class also in Jase McClellan and Seth McGowan. McClellan is committed to OU, but thought to be fairly open in his recruitment. McGowan isn't interested in Texas and is likely going to OU. McGowan, interestingly enough, would probably be higher ranked if he was willing to play linebacker at the next level.

Everyone in the country will be coming after Evans, so anyone prognosticating his landing place right now is full of bovine excrement.

Comment

The Evans recruitment is magnified because of the depth chart at Texas. He will be on of the most important recruits in a really long time because of the combination of his talent and the need for Texas.

This will go down to the wire with everybody trying to dance with the prettiest girl at the party.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
          The Evans recruitment is magnified because of the depth chart at Texas. He will be on of the most important recruits in a really long time because of the combination of his talent and the need for Texas.

This will go down to the wire with everybody trying to dance with the prettiest girl at the party.
          With no bias looking into it, has he indicated a lean? His list includes all the big dogs for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            It's called discussion. It's all there is to talk about.....brah.

I think most everyone knows it's waaaaaay too early to be bragging about the classes. You know how that worked out for some the last cycle. Most of us just mentioned some commitments over the weekend. What's wrong with that?
            agreed. boring time of year and nothing wrong with mentioning or even boasting about commitments. herman can definitely recruit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
              With no bias looking into it, has he indicated a lean? His list includes all the big dogs for sure.

His brother who seems to be pretty heavy involved his recruitment is pretty Pro Texas at this point. That could change this afternoon though. The brother seems to do most of the talking.

Again, it is February with a recruit that can go anywhere in the country, so nothing will matter till the ink drys.

I think Texas has a plan to get him, which is getting a really good OL class on board early to entice him to come to Texas and run behind those dudes. He has said he would be watching the OL recruiting very closely in regards to which school he picked.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                agreed. boring time of year and nothing wrong with mentioning or even boasting about commitments. herman can definitely recruit.
                I think the discussion about individual commitment (or even groups of players) is good, but when you start throwing out team rankings that is when its a joke. There will be so much change with those rankings.

For example, Washington is ranked #41 behind Fresno State at #39. I am pretty sure Washington will finish in the Top 20 and there will be no sight of Fresno State.

Comment

His brother who seems to be pretty heavy involved his recruitment is pretty Pro Texas at this point. That could change this afternoon though. The brother seems to do most of the talking.

Again, it is February with a recruit that can go anywhere in the country, so nothing will matter till the ink drys.

I think Texas has a plan to get him, which is getting a really good OL class on board early to entice him to come to Texas and run behind those dudes. He has said he would be watching the OL recruiting very closely in regards to which school he picked.
                  Seems Texas with the early lead just on where he has visited thus far. If the Ags don't get him on campus fairly soon / some time this summer I would say it would be a sign of lack of interest there.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter11 View Post
                    Seems Texas with the early lead just on where he has visited thus far. If the Ags don't get him on campus fairly soon / some time this summer I would say it would be a sign of lack of interest there.
                    I would think that with the way we ran the ball last year and a good OL recruiting class this last haul, we will be strongly considered. But I always think bama and LSU are the teams to beat for RB and LB.

Comment

Texas might have a slight lead over any individual school, but the field is probably the bet right now.

Texas has a very inviting depth chart.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter11 View Post

He made multiple visits to TAMU in 2018, skipped out in the Super Bowl party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Demas, check.
                          Hornsby, all signs point to Ags.
                          Evans, for the trifecta.

Book it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think the discussion about individual commitment (or even groups of players) is good, but when you start throwing out team rankings that is when its a joke. There will be so much change with those rankings.

For example, Washington is ranked #41 behind Fresno State at #39. I am pretty sure Washington will finish in the Top 20 and there will be no sight of Fresno State.
                            No doubt. I also think the final 'rankings' will become less important with the new transfer rules/portal. The whole thing is a mess. Obviously stability(from any given program) will offer a little relief from the portal, but too much power in the the hands of the players IMO.

Comment

Yeah Malik of Nazereth’s mom was heavily involved and helped make up his mind also. LOL....that didn’t work out so well for the so-called 5 Star LB. He was a flop at the college level and continues to be one at the next level too. Wherever Evans goes, good for him. I just hope he doesn’t take the “road less traveled” and decides to play against the best college football teams in the nation.

Comment

For that last part to happen he would have to go to Notre Dame and they would have to schedule the top 2 teams from each conference. Not gonna happen. Plus they would have to be able to see into the future and try and determine who the best teams in the nation will be 3-4 years in advance. Seems like a crap shoot.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 02-18-2019, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X