X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers up

Comment

Update with background:

Just learned that the problem began when Max traveled to the Philippines a few days ago, where he stubbed his toe.

Details are somewhat sketchy beyond that, but here is the best we know.

Later, he noticed swelling and pain. It's not clear whether treatment was sought in the Philippines or back in Beijing, but at least one effort at treatment -- and possibly two -- was met with ineffective results (perhaps a clinic setting; not sure). Perhaps two days after the initial injury and epidermal compromise, Max was at his apartment and roommates noticed a high fever and took him to the hospital.

When he was admitted to the hospital, his condition would have to be characterized as life-threatening, with BP of 70/40 and a heartrate of 130. About 48 hours later, he has been stabilized, although a bacterial infection is probably the most concerning aspect, with his left foot and lower leg swollen well beyond normal. This bacterial infection may likely be at the root of the other concern of Blood Pressure numbers.

I won't speculate on potential outcomes, but they are pretty obvious. Doctors are also doing ultrasound scans on internal organs to watch for infections and possible damage from bacterial infiltration.

When I said my friend's brother had colleagues in Beijing who visited Max at the hospital, those included the president of Chinese operations of one of the largest corporations in the world. Max is in the International wing of, perhaps, Beijing's best hospital. The U.S. Embassy is involved and has assisted my buddy in getting paperwork taken care of for both him and Max. He will be flying over Friday.

My friend is very grateful for all the prayers and support from each of you. You should also know that he is a PE Coach, who has promoted a NASP archery program for several years at his elementary school, including winning a state championship and a top ten national finish.

Lord, fight the infection in Your child Max, and make him whole.
      Last edited by tradtiger; 02-13-2019, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Man o man...bacterial infection! Did 6 days in the hospital and 6 weeks of Vancomycin back 2012!

More prayers for this young man...

Comment

Prayers sent! Lord Jesus help pull this young man through his battle and be with his family in this trying time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers up. Sepsis from what? Scary stuff. Can happen to anyone.

Comment

Prayer sent

Comment

Oh man, just now found this thread!! This is such a kick in the gut! Like someone posted it can happen to anyone anywhere and at any time. Plus it happens so, so quickly!! I have a few horror stories that I could share but for now the focus of this thread is to pray this young man Max back to health with very specific strong intercessory prayer!

Lord God in Heaven, You know this situation down to its minutest detail. Lord we ask You, first of all heal this young man and make him whole again and restore his health. Lord, this young man is separated from his family because of service to his fellow man and by that, service to You oh God. To teach is to deliver knowledge and the ability to hear Your Word and learn of Your Son Jesus Christ the Savior of the world. Lord, it takes a strong and gifted person to submit to such a calling, and we need these men and women who do these things in this world. Lord we ask you to heal him that he may ultimately be a stronger witness for You in this world. Lord bring comfort to his family. Guide all his care-givers to a right diagnosis and treatment to fulfill Your healing work. Give Max's parents safe passage to be by their son's side. Lord You above all know what it is to have a Son in distress. Comfort them by Your Divine Love for them and for Max. Lord we thank You for the work You will do for Max and his family to restore them as a unit whole and healthy. We thank You for Your Grace and Mercy through Your Son that gives us the right to ask for and receive Your blessings. Tonight we ask that You bless this family by the total and complete healing of Max. Take the infection out of his body and cleanse his body of all maladies. Cool his fever and return him to normal, and give him peace during his recovery. Comfort his friends and family as they stand with him in this trial. Comfort those who are back here at home as they pray for Max. Give them the Hope that is in Jesus, Your Son and our healing Savior for it is in His mighty name we come to You with these petitions and praises, Amen.

Will keep watch on this thread Tradtiger! Keep us posted. I am believing for good reports and a strong recovery for Max!

Comment

Amen to Saltwater's uplifting prayer for healing. And, yes, I will keep all posted as information becomes known.

Thanks to all for your continuing prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                    Amen to Saltwater's uplifting prayer for healing. And, yes, I will keep all posted as information becomes known.

Thanks to all for your continuing prayers.
                    Saltwater has a way with words

Comment

prayers sent

Comment

more kneemails sent

Comment

Continued prayers

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers continuing.

Comment