No announcement yet.

White Bass!!! Its getting time!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took the wife and kiddo out this morning before the front rolled through. Run is still early in this stretch of creek. It was my first time in this spot. Most of what we caught were males. I did end up with one female chock full of eggs. Kept a few for the grease and released the rest. Somehow, i end up with all the dinks and they catch the keepers. But i wouldn’t have it any other way.

Got one undersize crappie, and the wife caught a little largemouth. There were even some yellow bass mixed in. Its getting right and will be on fire in another week or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	mGIhB7nP-479433674.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	24575958

We both caught one white bass each today. Both about the same size. Was also tried catfishing some. Struck out on that. Was a rough day as far as not catching much but we still had fun hanging out together.

We were fishing the Sabine river.

Comment

Kid has been killing them in Gtown. Went about. An hour and we caught 29 yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
          Kid has been killing them in Gtown. Went about. An hour and we caught 29 yesterday
          In the lake, channel, or up the river near Tejas?

Comment

Any reports lately? Are they still up the creeks or back in the lake? Want to give it a shot down here if they're still up the creeks

Comment

[ATTACH]953069[/ATTACH]

White bass. Kept 7.

[ATTACH]953070[/ATTACH]

5 crappie. That's all the crappie we caught and they were all keepers.

[ATTACH]953071[/ATTACH]

Both stringers together. We caught a total of around 25 or 30 white bass. Some were keepers some weren't (most were legal though). We only kept 7 of the white bass total plus the crappie. I usually only bring home enough of the white bass to make one meal. All caught on Cedar creek before it dumps into Lake Tawakoni.
              Last edited by BradBryant1000; 04-09-2019, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by makotex View Post
                Any reports lately? Are they still up the creeks or back in the lake? Want to give it a shot down here if they're still up the creeks
                We caught quite a few today. Up in the creek. Not sure where you're at though but I'm sure that (location) makes a ton of difference.

Comment

Name:	8tUqZ2zF-190852132.jpg
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	24576493

Name:	bfFNBWiq-190841774.jpg
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	24576494

We caught a pretty good batch this evening. I believe we turned 5 or maybe 6 loose that were to little. Most were caught on a rooster tail.

Comment

Have any of y'all been on Waco? Finally got out yesterday. Worked the middle and south bosque a long time and only caught one white.

I wouldn't think the runs over ,but who knows. Wanting to try in the am again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, fished all the way up middle bosque and the creek Saturday. One white.

Jumped all over today, zero whites few dinks, and two crappie.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Its over from my experience and other reports in my neck of the woods (northern white rock creek). Hit it two weeks ago and left them biting.

Went back Saturday the 20th and put two in the cooler and one undersized crappie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Time for me to start getting on them in the lake. Late April through June it’s a stack up on main lake humps.

Comment

Working...
                          X