Pellet gun help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
    You must use a scope specifically made for pellet guns. Even the very best rifle scopes will fail on pellet guns due to the sharp, reverse recoil that the spring or piston imparts to them.
    That's very true. I put a centerfire rifle scope on my Beeman R1, shortly after I got it, it only lasted about 20 minutes of shooting before it killed the scope. I don't remember what the second scope was I put in the R1, but that scope lived through a few hundred thousand shots without any problems.

Comment

I have a Beman R1 as well. You have to buy an airgun scope for those. I didn't pay much for the scope on it now and it works fine. It is something that I picked up at Cabelas years ago. I started out with one of the original Aimpoints on it and added a 3X multiplier. Fantastic gun but they were bought out and the quality went to pot from what I heard. I haven't seen one in a gun shop for a long time now.

Comment

There was almost a decade where the most expensive scope in the house was on the RWS......

Comment

Thanks for all the info!!

Comment

Working...
          X