Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
    LOL... and DH while he's at it?
    It is going to be interesting to see what Luhnow does with the DH spot. Does someone get promoted(Alvarez) or does he make a trade to bring in a professional hitter for the stretch run and playoffs.

Comment

I wonder if Tucker is going to end up a bust.....he is currently hitting .167 in AAA. Alvarez, .386, Straw, .309, Fisher, .296.

Comment

2019 Houston Astros season thread “Take It Back”

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        It is going to be interesting to see what Luhnow does with the DH spot. Does someone get promoted(Alvarez) or does he make a trade to bring in a professional hitter for the stretch run and playoffs.

Supposed to bring up a position player for the Mexico game but they said it’s most likely someone on the 40 man roster and Alvarez isn’t. Tucker, Straw, someone like that... They are most likely going to carry 7 relievers as long as they can. Joe Smith should be back June/July from his Achilles injury.

I have no doubt they make a move to bring Alvarez up at some point. Its blocked by Kemp and white right now. You don’t really want to lose them for nothing if they go through waivers, and trading someone in April/May is unlikely. They could make a move though as the deadline gets closer so we get some compensation. As well Alvarez struggles because there is no where to play him. He is very raw at 1b and getting only one start a week there at AAA. He has been focusing mostly on left field but still has trouble initially reading balls off the bat.

I still think it’s when not if with Alvarez but lots of obstacles at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
          So Marwin is batting .167

This is why we are fans and not running the team.
          He's probably not liking the cold weather.
          Last edited by TexaRican; 05-02-2019, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Nooner today before MX.
            Leaving the country with W would be nice

Comment

Boomstick!

Comment

....castro...

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                  ....castro...
                  agian.....Jason ****ing Castro....

Comment

Meh.....

Believe...ish.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      Meh.....

Believe...ish.
                      I hope Luhnow has a plan for some starting pitching. McHugh and Peacock seem to be proving they are much better suited for relief roles.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        I hope Luhnow has a plan for some starting pitching. McHugh and Peacock seem to be proving they are much better suited for relief roles.
                        Yep

Comment

BP is true to his initials today.

Comment

Agreed... but still cant win if you don't get guys home... errbody trying for HR records... hit the effin ball in play...

Comment

Anyone wanna catch a game in Mexico? I assume that price is in pesos?
                              Attached Files

Comment

struggling....

Comment

Working...
                                X