No announcement yet.

2019 Houston Astros season thread “Take It Back”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is plenty of pitching depth at the major league and AAA levels for me not to worry about the rotation as long as everyone stays relatively healthy most of the season. There is enough in place now to win the division and the rotation tightens in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
      They are average.

Miley has a career 4.26 ERA.

Peacock 3.97. Never pitched more than 130 innings. Longevity will be a concern.

McHugh, which one shows up this year? Hasn’t started in two years.
      I agree somewhat with this. However, I think one or two of those guys may end up being a little better than average. Not predicting a Cy Young award or anything. Miley might be better this year than his history would suggest due to our wizard of a pitching coach. The one thing that is certain is that we will see what they can do soon!! Amped up for opening day.

Comment

One of my favorite days of the year, should be another great season, let’s go Astros!! Take it back!!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
          Don’t be an idiot. They are average.

Miley has a career 4.26 ERA.

Peacock 3.97. Never pitched more than 130 innings. Longevity will be a concern.

McHugh, which one shows up this year? Hasn’t started in two years.
          Weird the SP league ERA last year was 4.45.

All had ERA's below that last year. Check your stats not your opinions
          Last edited by gingib; 03-28-2019, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Verlander = Excellent
            Cole = Excellent
            Miley = Trending up due to the addition of a cutter last year. An ERA of below 4 and sustained success is likely.
            Peacock = looked good during SP and has very good success as a starter in the past
            McHugh = Not so sure about him to start the season. He's historically been bad in SP and then turns it on in the regular season, he just looked so bad in SP this year. Velo was down.

My question is, which starting pitcher gets called up first if an injury or non-performer happens before super 2 status. Whitely? Maybe. But I wonder if the front office will want to save him for later. If that is the case, is it Armenteros finally getting a shot?

Comment

Correa scratched from today game with neck stiffness still. I imagine it’s just a weird upper back, shoulder strain to a muscle causing some neck tightness. Sometimes that stuff can be nagging. He needs to make sure he is all the way back before playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
                Verlander = Excellent
                Cole = Excellent
                Miley = Trending up due to the addition of a cutter last year. An ERA of below 4 and sustained success is likely.
                Peacock = looked good during SP and has very good success as a starter in the past
                McHugh = Not so sure about him to start the season. He's historically been bad in SP and then turns it on in the regular season, he just looked so bad in SP this year. Velo was down.

My question is, which starting pitcher gets called up first if an injury or non-performer happens before super 2 status. Whitely? Maybe. But I wonder if the front office will want to save him for later. If that is the case, is it Armenteros finally getting a shot?

Whitley should be first, but I don’t think they will get ahead of theirselves. They are going to get that extra year from him. It’s smart for the future with how all these extensions are shaking out. Armentos or Martin are next.

Comment

Verlander = Excellent
                  Cole = Excellent

Whitley hasn't pitched enough innings to be a regular starting option this year. 120-125 IP this year would be perfect leading to him being an everyday starter next season. I would prefer to save some of that for Oct. Armenteros, James and Rodgers are more likely. Edit...and Martin as Tshelly suggests.

Comment

Verlander = Excellent
                    Cole = Excellent

My wager would be on Josh James being stretched out and brought back into the rotation as option one. And I'll go with a long shot for option two of Cionel Perez. I just think he has more long term potential the Framber.

My guess on whitley is they keep his workload very light in the minors and if he's as good as billed, gets called up to boost the staff after the all-star break. Not sure how far out Martin is, but lots of good young options. Reason I don't think we will give Cole the 6 yr/ $180MM deal he will get somewhere else if he repeats last season.

Comment

Yep, no Correa, Diaz at short
                      Attached Files

Comment

Which Astros Pitching Prospects Could Help in 2019? Every year teams will have players come up from the minors and make an immediate impact. This post will focus on the pitching side. In 2018 the Astros received contributions from Josh James, Framber Valdez, and Cionel Perez. While all three o

Solid write up of the ones in the minors and where they are. Martin lit it up in his Minute Maid appearance last game of the season. Certainly James is in the consideration as well as others have mentioned. Lots of options. Let’s hope for everyone we don’t need too many of them

Comment

Let’s get it on!

Comment

45 minutes!

Comment

Play ball!

Comment

Heck yeah! The long wait is over! Go Stros!

Comment

Working...
                                X