No announcement yet.

2019 Houston Astros season thread “Take It Back”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm scrubbs is rule 5 eligible ... kinda puts Whites value in a even lower light... dropped with a chance for nothing..and accepted something that can go away for nothing..

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
      His ability to be a weapon on the base paths in the playoffs is his meal ticket right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Agreed, the one thing that doesn’t slump, speed.

Going to miss Kemp, always like him. Seemed like just an all around great guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        Well Osuna beat his wife to a pulp, so he can just die or disappear for the most part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        While I don’t condone hitting a woman, not every player can be the upstanding role model like Matt Bush.

Comment

So do the Stros get Thor? I think yes.

Comment

I would like to see them get Thor. Hopefully they get another good arm.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
              So do the Stros get Thor? I think yes.
              I'd give Tucker and Martin for him at this stage. The guy I like is Jon Gray, Thor level talent but probably way cheaper. I'd happily give up Tucker for him. You can probably tell I'm not a Tucker fan, just never liked the kids body language and energy level. That said, I think the worst thing that happened to him was when the vets gave him the nickname Ted in spring training two years ago. The pressure that added seems to have weighed on him greatly.

Comment

Tucker isnt going anywhere.. martin is a slim chance...but i could see that ,if for any reason, to give him a shot at being on a roster full time..

Comment

I'd like to see Syndergaard as a Stros and it might not take as much to get him as a lot of people think. I'd swap Osuna for Diaz too while they're talking to The Mets.

Comment

After all of the injuries and not much production from the 4 and 5 spots of the rotation this team is still on pace to win 103 games. With August and Sept being the softest part of their schedule this year, possible trade(s) to upgrade the pitching and finally a fully healthy offense, I will stand by my prediction of 105+ wins for this team. Go Stros!

Comment

This guy think Thor to Astros is gonna happen..

PREDICTION: METS SHIP SYNDERGAARD TO AL JUGGERNAUT
                      Noah Syndergaard SP
                      NYM N.Y. Mets • #34 • Age: 26
                      2019 Stats
                      ERA
                      WHIP
                      IP
                      BB
                      K
                      Let's unfurl the prediction right up front: The Mets are going to trade fire-breathing right-hander Noah Syndergaard before Thursday's deadline, and they're going to trade him to theAstros.
                      Syndergaard hasn't yielded vintage results in his age-26 campaign, but he's still got the big-time velocity and wipeout supporting pitches. Given the wearying dysfunction surrounding the Mets and the fact that Thor is presently backed by one of MLB's worst team defenses, it's not surprising that he'd have some uninspiring results on the run-prevention front.
                      As for the Astros, they badly need additional rotation depth right about now, and they're looking for exactly that as they aim to return to the World Series. As well, their recent semi-history of "coaching up" high-upsiders like Gerrit Cole (while not faring all that well when it comes to developing their own arms) suggests Thor could benefit from such a pairing. The Astros have a recent history of success when it comes to improving spin rate in arms new to the organization, and Syndergaard right now ranks in just the 23rd percentile in fastball spin rate. As such, there's plenty of space for improvement. Syndergaard also isn't eligible for free agency until after the 2021 season. So in addition to upgrading the Astros' chances for a title in 2019, he'd also provide a hedge against Cole's departure via free agency this coming winter.
                      So, yes, Syndergaard to the Astros is happening. If this does not come to pass, then feel free to engage with the author on ******* and or Friendster.

Comment

Disappointed about Kemp... I get it... but disappointed

This made me fall out of my chair though...

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                          Agreed, the one thing that doesn’t slump, speed.

Going to miss Kemp, always like him. Seemed like just an all around great guy.
                          I'm going to miss his home run hugs in the dugout

Comment

Um... urquidy.... got a little wild thang to him...

Comment

Uncle Mike might have a future in this businesd

Comment

Old cuban is mr.cubamatic ...
                                Thanks beltran!

Comment

Working...
                                X