No announcement yet.

2019 Houston Astros season thread “Take It Back”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not anti net, they would be great. I am anti-lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
      I'm not anti net, they would be great. I am anti-lawyer.
      Agreed on that point.
      If stros want to cut a check for this little girl that should be their perogative.
      Although doing so will instantly put them at risk for multiple claims and lawsuits...be dumb to.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
          Sad situation but where does parental responsibility come into play? I'd never sit in those high-risk seats with a small child or anyone not able to pay full attention to the game for that matter.
          I watched Tyler White miss a ground ball that flew by him that was totally playable. His reaction time sucked. He is a professional ball player.

Why put your non-athletic fans at risk if you don't have to. That's my point in having the nets. Sure, there are disclaimers for the legal stuff, etc... but why put them at risk? No, you shouldn't have your head buried in a cell phone... but what about the person sitting next to you that gets up to go get a beer and you have to take your eye of the game for a second to let them by.

Nets are cheap in the grand scheme of things and technology has come along way that it doesn't have to be a metal fence that gets in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
            Two off days next week we are able to roll with 4 man rotation for now. This little stretch of tough ball has been somewhat reassuring because its uncomfortable. We were winning so much it was becoming expected. It’s has exposed some of our weaknesses over time that we knew were there. Would have loved for another young guy to step up in a starter roll but it just hasn’t happened consistently.

Let’s go get Marcus Stroman and be done with the rotation. Fisher, White and James for Stroman. They say in 2017 it was between him and Verlander. I expect them to re visit him this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I wouldn’t give up James in that deal. Kemp or Stassi instead. Trade the guys you can’t send down if possible. I think Stroman is signed through next year

Comment

Picking up right where we left off. 1st pitch bomb off of Peacock.

Comment

This may be a long afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                  I wouldn’t give up James in that deal. Kemp or Stassi instead. Trade the guys you can’t send down if possible. I think Stroman is signed through next year
                  I don't think that gets us Stroman. Kemp, Stassi and White have little to no trade value. I like Kemp but he's never going to be an everyday player. A bench guy with no power and no arm isn't all that valuable on the trade market.

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
                    I don't think that gets us Stroman. Kemp, Stassi and White have little to no trade value. I like Kemp but he's never going to be an everyday player. A bench guy with no power and no arm isn't all that valuable on the trade market.
                    Did you forget Fisher?

Comment

Did you forget Fisher?
                      No. Kemp, White and Stassi add no value to the trade so we're talking Fisher for Stroman. I don't think an almost 26 year old who has done very little in the majors gets it done. Toronto could also have 40 man issues doing a 3 or 4 for 1 deal with guys out of options.

One good thing about the complete meltdown by the back end guys is that it will guarantee Luhnow makes a move. No way he sticks with this mess.

Comment

I know a lot of y’all are not concerned, but pitching is becoming a major concern of mine. The pirates are tearing us a new one and they have not hit all year. I know its only 2 games but we are trending down over the last 2 week and our hitting has become inconsistent at best. Rangers are creeping up.

Comment

I just included James bc I know it’s going to take some talent for us to get him. I’m not anti James just throwing out there.

Comment

2019 Houston Astros season thread “Take It Back”

Alvarez out of the game. Not sure what happened to him yet?!

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
                              No. Kemp, White and Stassi add no value to the trade so we're talking Fisher for Stroman. I don't think an almost 26 year old who has done very little in the majors gets it done. Toronto could also have 40 man issues doing a 3 or 4 for 1 deal with guys out of options.

One good thing about the complete meltdown by the back end guys is that it will guarantee Luhnow makes a move. No way he sticks with this mess.
                              IMO, Fisher and Kemp start for Toronto, and maybe White. They ain’t running much out there. Stroman signed for only next year, seems fair to me. We got Diaz for Thornton straight up

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                                Alvarez out of the game. Not sure what happened to him yet?!

Not good

Comment

Working...
                                X