No announcement yet.

2019 Houston Astros season thread “Take It Back”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No he never touched the plate but you can’t block the plate if you don’t have control of the ball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yes he did... hand slides in under catcher at end.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        So did yuli ever touch the plate?
        Didn’t look like it...

Comment

That mediocre catcher getting it done!

Comment

Touched..but yeh.. that was a pretty blatant block..initially and even after he was scrambling to pick up the ball..

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
              Touched..but yeh.. that was a pretty blatant block..initially and even after he was scrambling to pick up the ball..
              What exactly is the arrow pointing to?
              That’s a strange looking hand...

Comment

He is wearing one of those oven mitt things to protect his hand. I can’t see him touching the plate but I guess he could have touched it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                  What exactly is the arrow pointing to?
                  That’s a strange looking hand...
                  His hand...touching....the ...plate.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                    That mediocre catcher getting it done!
                    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. Was gonna post something similar after he hit the four homers in four games. LEADERSHIP!👍👍😉

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      His hand...touching....the ...plate.
                      Oh yea...that’s....obvious...

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        Fatboy straight up sucks. This team is going to be so much better when they bring in someone to take his place.

I’m telling you! Maybe if he chews his gum a little harder it would help??? I don’t say this often about people, but there is not one thing I like about him. HE NEEDS TO GO!

Comment

From the angle from 3rd base it still looks like the catcher is sitting on his hand away from the plate.

I don't think he touched the plate... but regardless the safe call is right. You can't block the plate without possession of the ball. Catcher never had it and never tagged him when he did finally have possesion. Plate interference.

Comment

A better view. His hand is on the plate.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Left fielder made a heck of a throw. Catcher was for sure blocking the plate without the ball.

Catcher knew Gurriel had already touched Home Plate, that's why he didn't tag Gurriel but just showed the ball to the umpire. Like pulling a pitch over to look like a strike to fool the umpire.

GOOD WIN!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                                Fatboy straight up sucks. This team is going to be so much better when they bring in someone to take his place.

He's just not a polished player just yet. Besides, his relief pitching is showing improvement.........

Comment

Working...
                                X