2019 College Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
    This^^^^^. It is sometimes rough to watch the midweek pitching for the Aggies. Heck, they really do not even have a #3 starting pitcher after Childress went down. Live for the weekends!!!!
    Texas lost to Incarnate Word last night. Ugh. I was gonna say no way they can beat the Aggies but I think I heard IW has beaten them as well?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I think the hot start they got off to made some of us forget how young they are.

I imagine Pearce will get it sorted out, but someone is gonna have to step forward on the pitching staff...multiple someones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        Texas lost to Incarnate Word last night. Ugh. I was gonna say no way they can beat the Aggies but I think I heard IW has beaten them as well?
        See post 821.

Comment

Yeah I missed some posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            I think the hot start they got off to made some of us forget how young they are.

I imagine Pearce will get it sorted out, but someone is gonna have to step forward on the pitching staff...multiple someones.

That and the schedule has been brutal. Obviously. They lost 21 games last year and made it to Omaha.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              Roa looked unhittable against Vandy but got the quick hook after giving up two runs in the first against UK. Moo Menefee could develop into a solid #3. I think right now the philosophy is to use whatever pitchers necessary on Friday and Saturday and then piece it together for the Sunday game.
              Menefee was a good one out of George Ranch. Had Tommy John surgery his senior year if I remember correctly. I spoke to his High School Coach this past summer. Kid can hit the ball as you may have already seen. Roa....ya, he lit Vandy up and then was roughed up. It will be interesting to see if Childress starts him on Sunday. It has been fun watching them hit the ball so well the last few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

I was stunned when Incarnate Word beat Aggie. My son said they threw their Ace against A&M. It earned them a W by doing so. I believe Incarnate Word won their College World Series a few years ago so they have some gamers now and then. I have not had a chance to watch Texas play this season. If they had their regular shortstop they probably win a few extra games. Is that kid out for the entire season??

Comment

Not getting on base and stringing hits together doesn’t help either.

Comment

I was stunned when Incarnate Word beat Aggie. My son said they threw their Ace against A&M. It earned them a W by doing so. I believe Incarnate Word won their College World Series a few years ago so they have some gamers now and then. I have not had a chance to watch Texas play this season. If they had their regular shortstop they probably win a few extra games. Is that kid out for the entire season??
                    Yes, Achilles rupture

Comment

Texas is not the team they were last year. Bats are inconsistent. Middle infield D is weak. I will be surprised if they make it to WS again.

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                        Texas is not the team they were last year. Bats are inconsistent. Middle infield D is weak. I will be surprised if they make it to WS again.

They have time to get it together, hitting can come around at any time. They have a lot of young arms, and that worries me where their Omaha chances are concerned.

It may come down to good old fashioned grit, and I believe they have that.

Comment

They have time to get it together, hitting can come around at any time. They have a lot of young arms, and that worries me where their Omaha chances are concerned.

It may come down to good old fashioned grit, and I believe they have that.

Losing to both UTSA and Incarnate Word concerns me. Yes they do not have the top pitchers for midweek games but 4 hits is a shame.

Coach needs to get this guys up for midweek games. It seems all they look forward to is weekend games.

Just my $0.02

Comment

What does this mean? They won their World Series a few years ago? And as everyone knows the midweek games are a toss up. I’ve got a son playing and they have beat some really good teams and lost to some teams they shouldn’t have.

Comment

Game time!

Comment

Hoehner with a big hit! Tied up 2-2. Mizzous pitcher was dealing until this inning.

Comment

Working...
                                X