2019 College Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
    Not the outcome I’d hoped for, but my little dude hit his first HR and sang The Eyes on the way home from an 18-5 win so I’ll take that as a consolation prize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Nice congratulations to him

Comment

Good to see the Ags play well in Austin for a change. That’s 3-0 vs the big 12 this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would have liked to see the teams play a full series with all players health.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
          Not the outcome I’d hoped for, but my little dude hit his first HR and sang The Eyes on the way home from an 18-5 win so I’ll take that as a consolation prize.
          Congrats to the little dude on the dinger!! Must have been the Tuesday pitching!!

Kidding.....always a treat to see the little ones play. Enjoy it now, it goes by fast!!

Comment

It didn't shock me to see Texas battle back, but the bullpen strikes again. I would have loved to seen this team go to the 9th down only 1 and have a crack at it.

Texas moves to 4-2 vs the SEC with the loss.

Comment

Thanks fellas!

I watched most of the replay, most of the youth got exposed last night. I look forward to seeing how the season unfolds.

Comment

Originally posted by gekko man View Post
                He sucks from the mound!

Good win for the Ags! Now if we could get them together on the grid iron!
                That might be a stretch. Kam has been a position player his whole life, with the exception of some relief outings in high school. When you can throw the ball 90+ everybody wants to make you a pitcher, and that's exactly what happened here. He has the tools but just isn't very polished on the mound. I just hope they let him play some. He's too good to just pitch. Been watching/coaching him since he was 6 years old. He'll figure it out.

Same with Deloach at ATM. He played with Fields growing up. Hard to match the season he had as a freshman, but he'll get it together. There is a reason they call it the sophomore slump. Teams make adjustments and pitch to your weakness and he'll have to make some adjustments himself.

Comment

Originally posted by chad c View Post
                  not the outcome i’d hoped for, but my little dude hit his first hr and sang the eyes on the way home from an 18-5 win so i’ll take that as a consolation prize.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk pro
                  nice!

Comment

Originally posted by huntingjunkie View Post
                    That might be a stretch. Kam has been a position player his whole life, with the exception of some relief outings in high school. When you can throw the ball 90+ everybody wants to make you a pitcher, and that's exactly what happened here. He has the tools but just isn't very polished on the mound. I just hope they let him play some. He's too good to just pitch. Been watching/coaching him since he was 6 years old. He'll figure it out.

Same with Deloach at ATM. He played with Fields growing up. Hard to match the season he had as a freshman, but he'll get it together. There is a reason they call it the sophomore slump. Teams make adjustments and pitch to your weakness and he'll have to make some adjustments himself.
                    Thanks for posting that. Kam was great in relief early in the year, so the recent struggles were frustrating, but it makes sense now. He's played some left field, and lead off a game or two. I hope they find a spot he's comfortable and can excel at. He was really great with the kids when we were there earlier this year, seems like a great kid.

How has your son's season gone with the Pokes?

Comment

Good game, Ags.

Texas just isn't there pitching depth wise yet to consistently beat good teams during the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                        Texas moves to 4-2 vs the SEC with the loss.
                        But who cares about conferences? Right?

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                          But who cares about conferences? Right?

It was said in jest because the Aggies vs Big 12 conference record was mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                            It was said in jest because the Aggies vs Big 12 conference record was mentioned.
                            Apologies for my friend RLB. He's a bit slow.

Lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              Thanks for posting that. Kam was great in relief early in the year, so the recent struggles were frustrating, but it makes sense now. He's played some left field, and lead off a game or two. I hope they find a spot he's comfortable and can excel at. He was really great with the kids when we were there earlier this year, seems like a great kid.

How has your son's season gone with the Pokes?
                              Kam is a great kid. He'll get it worked out. I've been pretty surprised that he's been used more as a pitcher than a position player.

Kaden is having a blast at OSU, but not seeing the field. He is traveling with the team so he's getting that experience, but I expect he'll red-shirt although it hasn't been declared. If they did, he wouldn't get to do any of the travel, but I'm sure it will happen. All the upperclassmen are healthy at the moment, and one pitch would forfeit his red-shirt eligibility, so I doubt they'll burn that up...which I'd prefer. He'll be playing in Savannah, GA this summer for the Savannah Bananas in the Coastal Plains League, so he should have a well rested arm for that at least. Thanks for asking Dale.

Comment

Awesome! Look forward to following him the next several years.[emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X