2019 College Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
    Ragin Cajuns hire Matt Deggs from Sam Houston state. Not a big name but he’s familiar with the program as he used to be the associate head coach at Ull. He’s done well at shsu.

Great hire.

Comment

That’s what I thought, I wish nothing but good things for that guy and whatever program he is running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
        Yes that's him...this would appear to be a side step type move. He seemed primed and in line for a Power 5 Division I job. (Not knocking Cajun bsbl - they have a great program)

He has a great story and wrote a book about coaching baseball called "The Pack".
        Certainly wouldn’t think ull is a side step job from shsu. Cajuns typically have a solid program and pretty proud history based on their level. Last few years have been down but robichaux gave Deggs a 2nd chance after his alcohol issues. Deggs recovered and learned from Robe about making men of Christ first and baseball Players 2nd. He will be a natural fit for the program. Lots of people thought it may be Andy Canizzaro the ex LSU asst coach and miss st head coach but he was the 100% opposite of everything Robe stood for and instilled in he program no matter how good a coach he was.

Comment

2019 College Baseball

Seems like a perfect fit from here. I really dug what I saw of that LaLa program last spring.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 07-17-2019, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Power 5 job doesn’t equate to best jobs in college baseball.

Comment

Yes that's him...this would appear to be a side step type move. He seemed primed and in line for a Power 5 Division I job. (Not knocking Cajun bsbl - they have a great program)

He has a great story and wrote a book about coaching baseball called "The Pack".
              Side step? Lafayette or Huntsville? No brainer.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                100% correct. The passion and support Lafayette gives to that program is impressive. They have a top 10 attendance in the country.

Comment

100% correct. The passion and support Lafayette gives to that program is impressive. They have a top 10 attendance in the country.

Passion and support is exactly the way it came across on TV. Cool scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                    Side step? Lafayette or Huntsville? No brainer.
                    The 2 schools are very similar in numerous ways - including their baseball programs. The Bearkats have been to 11 CWS regionals, compared to 12 for the Cajuns. The Cajuns have been deeper in the tournament and more often.

One thing is for sure - Matt Deggs thinks ULL is an upgrade, and he's a hell of a coach.

Congrats on a great hire!

Comment

I hear the game atmosphere is top notch....hope to catch a game there sometime.

Comment

Great hire.
                        ^^^

Comment

It usually equates to a very hot seat!

Comment

And have for years...

One of the very best places to play in the country.

Comment

I hear the game atmosphere is top notch....hope to catch a game there sometime.
                              I've been fortunate to spend a lot of time at ML "Tigue" Moore Field and it is a great atmosphere. My son has played a lot there the last 3 years in tournaments and he loves the facility. The new layout is great and a trip to the concession stand affords a view of home plate right near the action, something Coach Robe was adamant about in the design. He didn't want fans to miss anything and enjoy the experience.

I am glad to see Deggs get the position and he will carry the torch. One of my son's teammates will be going to ULL as a pitcher and looking forward to following his success.

Comment

Exactly. Just look at this year’s road to Omaha. Great “smaller” programs spread all through it. Patriots, anteaters, and many others provided us sith some of the best baseball I have ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                                X