No announcement yet.

Driven by this lake for decades but never fished it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They had one of the ramps out of the water and on a trailer the other day when I drove by. Wondered if it was just maintenance...I'll bike around it from time to time. Never fished it.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
      They had one of the ramps out of the water and on a trailer the other day when I drove by. Wondered if it was just maintenance...I'll bike around it from time to time. Never fished it.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
      I am sure it’s because no one jumps anymore. No need to have it in the water!

It was always fun to teach guys how to jump. You lean into the jump and we always left that part out for the first few attempts!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        Any of you Ft Worth guys ever fish Marine Creek Lake? A guy pulled a 14.5 pound bass out of it the other day. Apparently it was the second one caught there recently that's big enough for share-a-lunker. I've only seen the lake while driving by on 820. I don't think its more than 200 acres or so - probably good kayak water.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/newsmedia/rel...?req=20190128a
        I believe one of the sharelunkers caught out of there has been caught more than once. With this publicity I predict the crowded bumper boats out there in the recent future.

Comment

We used to drag boat race on that lake...

https://youtu.be/A8IlyjQTJ1I

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerMax View Post
            We used to drag boat race on that lake...

https://youtu.be/A8IlyjQTJ1I
            I remember the crazy stuff we would see when you guys rolled into town! I thought traveling 70mph behind a boat on a ski was crazy until I watched a boat end up on shore!

Good times!

Comment

They held the wakeboard world championships out there about 10 yrs ago. My old roommate won em. I need a Time machine to get me back to 2006

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                They held the wakeboard world championships out there about 10 yrs ago. My old roommate won em. I need a Time machine to get me back to 2006
                Yea...we had a group of kids come and see us about a wakeboard tournament before anyone really knew what it was.

We helped with the tournament and my first comment was...tournament water skiing is going to be dead in 10 years! I nailed that one!

Comment

Same here-passed by it a thousand times, but never fished it. 14.5# huh? Wow!

Comment

I went to school in lake worth and grew up around there. Used to fish it years ago every chance I got in a tube or a 2 man bass buster. Back then you could catch bass like crazy but no size. Glad to see some big ones coming out of there.

Comment

Fished it a few times. Mostly 3lbs and under. Used to hold a lot of crapping and be thick in hydrilla. Then the ski boat people spread herbicides in it and ruined that. A few years ago TPWD did a stocking of Florida strain largemouth. Like 50,000 fingerlings.

Gary

Comment

that lake ahs pumped out some GIANTS but not much in between those

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Maybe all the fishermen will fish this little lake weekend so I won't have to contend with more boats on the river.

Comment

Working...
                            X