Fishing Fork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fishing Fork

Dad and I changing things up this year. We’ll be headed to fork in early March. Neither of us have ever fished it before. We normally go to Rayburn or Toledo but due to tournament schedules and work we opted to try fork. Anyone got any tips they’d care to share?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve got no tips because the few times I’ve been I’ve been skunked. Im no bass fisherman but my fiancé’s dad has done good. Wish I could be of more help. It’s tough fishing. Be very careful outside of the boat lanes! Take it slow.

Comment

take your time running around. That time of year find an old submerged pond ****

Comment

Best way to figure that lake out if you've never fished it is to book a guide. Worth every penny.
        I've got a place on fork and I still book a guide from time to time.
        If you decide to do that I suggest making reservations yesterday for March.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

I hired John Tanner years ago, great guide.

Comment

I’ve been dreaming of 10# bass since we booked our rooms. I’m ready to go.

Comment

I second the guided trip. I used to fish Fork a bunch and going guided helped a lot. Brian Duplichain was the guy we went with several times. Good guide !

Comment

Set up trip with Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by Bh_liberty View Post
                  I’ve been dreaming of 10# bass since we booked our rooms. I’m ready to go.

I’ve spent more time fishing Fork than most people work. It’s been phenomenal to me, but it’s not the Lake it used to be. In early March, catchable fish will be shallower than 8 ft for the most part, but due to pressure, most will be hard to catch. All the major creeks have potential. Fish will be close to the beds, maybe even on in some areas. Hope you have a great trip.

Comment

The lake will have lots of fisherman, always does in the Spring. Let the weather help guide you were to start. Water temp near 60 or warmer and a warming trend in air temps, start shallow. If that doesn’t work, back off and look for places they’ll stage up.

No matter where you are on the lake, be prepared to have people come in on you. It’s just something you deal with when fishing Fork in the Spring.

Comment

As others have stated already definitely hire a guide for Fork the first time. If nothing else just to learn where and how to navigate it. Especially if you have an expensive boat!!!! Fork ain’t the place for newbies...trust me. If you don’t know where the buoy markers and boat lanes are, the stumps on that lake will eat up a lower transom.

DO NOT assume you can run wide open in OPEN water and never EVER assume the guy in front of you knows what he’s doing!!

Comment

Thanks everyone

Comment

The best advice that I can give you is too fish slow. Lots of people will make one cast at a stump and move on. On these pressured fish sometimes it take 15 cast to a stump to get a bite.

-john

Comment

Looking forward to your updates, we'll be there mid-May for a few days.

Comment

Stay in the boat lanes first and foremost! You can buy the boat lanes chip for your screen. I would also hire a guide for the first day then fish your own boat the remaining days. Fork is an awesome lake but can be difficult.

Comment

Working...
                              X