No announcement yet.

2019 Live Pig Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone died on me last night. Shot at a coon, but pretty sure I missed. Left the stand around midnight.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Been out 9 - midnight the past 2 nights.
      Nothing fancy. Park walk 50-60 yes put the caller about 30 yds out go back and sit.....

Saw an eye behind a tree tonight. It was too low to be a deer. I didn't even see any deer at this property. I frequently do....

Maybe tomorrow night. Maybe!! My toes be aching

Comment

I decided to watch the corn fields this evening. I had been there maybe 5 minutes and was about to post here when a boar stepped out and he took a .270 pill.

Sent from my LM-X410.FG using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats dbp. Just finished my rat killin and got a bite to eat. Thinking about heading to the box... maybe.

Comment

Almost pig Hunt.

I just finished filling one feeder, dumping 50# on the ground and swapping out 2 SD cards. I wanna take some friends from church out Friday Night.

So I'm going south on 110 and I see 10-15 piglets in the ditch.

I go past them and turn around and head back North.

As I get to where they are I pull off on to the South bound shoulder. Essentially I'm facing the wrong way. But I'm off the road.

I pull up next to them. Windows down. They don't even care I'm there. I could've opened my door and smacked 3-4 in the butt.

So I get to thinking. Can't shoot from the road. But I'm not on the road.
            Can't shoot from a vehicle on a public road or is it right of way? If it's right of way how far does that extend and from where? I.E edge of road? Center of road or Road bed? If it's road bed where's that start?

I don't know the guy who owns the pasture they are next too. So if I gotta recover one......

Than I'm like. It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Do I chance it? They was young and tender looking. I know my 9mm woulda kilt some graveyard dead.

I finally say too much thinking. I holler out the open window "get on out'n here!" in my best southerner drawl with my Yankee accent voice. Most looked up a me with that, you ain't my daddy look and went back to eating.
            I almost pulled the 9 and let her eat but didn't.
            I smacked the outside of the truck door with my hand. They looked up again and eased up the side of the ditch to the pasture. Which happened to be above eye level. So if I'd a shot I'd a had a backstop.

Pigs are moving...

Hope y'all slaying 'em

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
              Almost pig Hunt.

I just finished filling one feeder, dumping 50# on the ground and swapping out 2 SD cards. I wanna take some friends from church out Friday Night.

So I'm going south on 110 and I see 10-15 piglets in the ditch.

I go past them and turn around and head back North.

As I get to where they are I pull off on to the South bound shoulder. Essentially I'm facing the wrong way. But I'm off the road.

I pull up next to them. Windows down. They don't even care I'm there. I could've opened my door and smacked 3-4 in the butt.

So I get to thinking. Can't shoot from the road. But I'm not on the road.
              Can't shoot from a vehicle on a public road or is it right of way? If it's right of way how far does that extend and from where? I.E edge of road? Center of road or Road bed? If it's road bed where's that start?

I don't know the guy who owns the pasture they are next too. So if I gotta recover one......

Than I'm like. It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Do I chance it? They was young and tender looking. I know my 9mm woulda kilt some graveyard dead.

I finally say too much thinking. I holler out the open window "get on out'n here!" in my best southerner drawl with my Yankee accent voice. Most looked up a me with that, you ain't my daddy look and went back to eating.
              I almost pulled the 9 and let her eat but didn't.
              I smacked the outside of the truck door with my hand. They looked up again and eased up the side of the ditch to the pasture. Which happened to be above eye level. So if I'd a shot I'd a had a backstop.

Pigs are moving...

Hope y'all slaying 'em
              None of your scenarios were legal... even in East Texas.[emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by muskles View Post
                none of your scenarios were legal... Even in east texas.[emoji16]

sent from my xt1080 using tapatalk
                lol!!!!

Comment

Headed out

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck!

Sent from my LM-X410.FG using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                        Headed out

No "ditch piggles" tonight! Good luck to ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                          No "ditch piggles" tonight! Good luck to ya.
                          First sit was at the wet pasture. I sat from 10p - 145a. Saw a couple of racoons and 2 deer.
                          Didn't see them "ditch piggies" on the way there.
                          I forgot to bring water with me and I wanted coffee. So I went to town. On the way I saw one of them lying in the road.
                          Got me 2 Gatorades, 1 water and 1 coffee. Hey that sounds like a Song...
                          Headed back to my regular spot hoping to catch the 0430a group.

Wife might not be happy with me being out all night....

Comment

Hope your pigs are more consistent than mine. My pigs are predictably unpredictable.

Comment

Sneaking across pasture. Feeder light just came on.
                              I can't see the feeder just the glow of the light.
                              70 yds and a rise til I can see it...

Light went out before I got here. Prolly coon or squirrel.
                              Last edited by Pushbutton2; 05-25-2019, 02:28 AM.

Comment

No pigs yet

Deer saw me @ 420 when I was scanning looking for eyes.

Still settling on a stool on a tank dam.
                                Anticipating Sunrise.

Need coffee
                                Last edited by Pushbutton2; 05-25-2019, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X