No announcement yet.

Pigs to feed the Hungry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are their hours for drop off, especially on Sunday (coming home from lease)

Will be happy to assist this great effort

Thank your daughter for her good deeds

Comment

The Hope center closes about 2pm on Sunday, but the manager Donna, live 4 miles away and is happy to meet at almost anytime, with enough notice. Also I live in southwest Arlington, by I20 and green oaks exit, I am happy to meet as well, if in town.
      Thanks
      Bert

Comment

What a great deal. Sure seems more centers like the Hope center would reach out for more of this

Comment

Good work we need more people like y’all out there.

Comment

We just took over 400 lbs of citrus to our local food bank . Was some very happy people

Comment

I am pumped! As thought, the TBH crowd steps up. I want to thank everyone for the encouraging messages. I have been contacted by several brothers for future donations. I may start a monthly award to whom ever donated the most quarters.
              For those of you not in this area, I would encourage you to reach out to the church sponsored food banks, as they are more willing to accept game and seem more appreciative, most of the county centers never even returned our calls.
              Good luck out there and happy hunting
              Thanks
              Bert

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
                Bert, I’m going to tell you something you already know. Your daughter is a fine person!
                She may want to go talk to a Civic Group or two to let them know about this program. There are women’s civics groups also. Maybe a hospital group of pediatricians or pediatric nurses to let them know of this positive effect on childhood nutrition. It will also help to have this experience of public speaking and she will make good contacts throughout the community. Now that I’ve gone on and on, is she 8 or 18?
                Again, this is such a great idea she had.
                Originally posted by BigDraw View Post
                Thank you all for the positive feedback. Doing This program made a lot of sense, she is trying remove an invasive and destructive species, and feed folks at the same time. She trying to figure out how to get the state to somehow sponsor the removal with the incentive to have the animal rendered and provided to a program that feeds the needy. A long shot I know, it will be up to us. She had reached out to every organization in the area, looking for someone that would accept wild game. The Hope center is affiliated with a church which allows them to be flexible.
                Thanks for listening
                Bert

Just to be clear, because I was not, this is her idea and she needs to keep it and run with it. She is the one who has in her heart the desire to see it through. When I mentioned Civic clubs etc. it was just to get the word out in the community what she is doing. At the same time it would give her the opportunity for public speaking to an older age group. All of the contacts and experiences from that will serve her well.
                Good luck!

Comment

Thanks 17ncs, she is turning into a wonderful young lady. We are blessed to have her in our lives, and very proud of her.

Comment

Well, we were unsuccessful last night, and got stuck this morning, but it was better than working.

Comment

This is good stuff!

Comment

Very positive. Good luck !!

Comment

I’ve lost the last two I’ve shot.

Comment

My dads neibor is doing something similar. He is on him 25th hog and has given all the meat to the hungry and also some to his family in need.

Comment

Pigs to feed the Hungry

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                              I’ve lost the last two I’ve shot.
                              Good on you for the early donations [emoji4]
                              Sounds like a good program, congrats to the OP and daughter [emoji106][emoji106]. Nicely done

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by wdtorque; 01-27-2019, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Only one pig this past weekend and friend wanted for sausage

Ended up doing more varmint hunting than pigs

We have plans to drop off in future

Comment

Working...
                                X