Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Archery stamp/endorsement unfair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here’s a deal for you. Get rid of the $7 stamp and gun hunters can pay $7 and gun hunt in October. Heck. I’ll pay $21 to hunt it with a gun without mld. What do ya think?

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      Here’s a deal for you. Get rid of the $7 stamp and gun hunters can pay $7 and gun hunt in October. Heck. I’ll pay $21 to hunt it with a gun without mld. What do ya think?
      Yep, be careful what you wish for

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
        I did not know an archery stamp wasn’t required to hunt with a bow during the general season. Thanks for the info!
        Heck, I didn’t know an archery stamp was required at all...are y’all serious?

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
          Yep, be careful what you wish for

Oh he’s wishing for it every day ..

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post

Comment

The tax is not unfair. Others trying to horn in on the season we fought for is.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                Yes we're serious, never really thought of it this way but the super combo has made the younger generation oblivious to the archery stamp tax.

Comment

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
                  The tax is not unfair. Others trying to horn in on the season we fought for is.
                  Word.

Thanks to those who did. I came after. Just kickin the can down the road.

Thanks to all those for the info and input provided.

Fret fret fret...all day long. Fret fret fret...while I sing this song. Thwack.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                    Word.

Thanks to those who did. I came after. Just kickin the can down the road.

Thanks to all those for the info and input provided.

Fret fret fret...all day long. Fret fret fret...while I sing this song. Thwack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                      Historically, we did it to ourselves, for a very good reason. We taxed ourselves as bow hunters so we could have our own season. For all intents and purposes, it is a self imposed tax. We got what we wanted, our own season and a way to pay for licensing, enforcement, etc.

They did try to take it away, not long ago. LSBA and other organizations went to the TPWD and fought it off, barely. It seemed like everyone was willing to vote for taking some of our season for youth and general season. Nolan Ryan was the lone voice of bow hunters, he asked the review board, "If they taxed themselves for their own season why are we even having this discussion?"; or something to that effect.

I agree that the new supercombo muddies the waters in relation to actual numbers, but it also brings in more money for the season. One proposed fix a few years ago was to have this one of the questions at time of purchase, like HIP; do you bow hunt during archery only season would give us good, or better, numbers again. I'm not sure why it was shot down, but it was.
                      Briar: I'm glad that you brought this up, just so Rat could fill us in on the historical record. Nolan Ryan's quote (or paraphrase) is worth the price of admission by itself. (On a sidenote, my late Mom was there when Nolan whooped up on Robin Ventura when he charged the mound, and she loved it!)

Anyway, we bowhunters should love and defend our early month of hunting before all the rifles start banging away. Seven dollars as a tax or an inclusive part of the Super Combo really is pretty inconsequential. The early month is the real thing to guard; would be nice if we could arch during muzzleloader, though.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                        Briar: I'm glad that you brought this up, just so Rat could fill us in on the historical record. Nolan Ryan's quote (or paraphrase) is worth the price of admission by itself. (On a sidenote, my late Mom was there when Nolan whooped up on Robin Ventura when he charged the mound, and she loved it!)

Anyway, we bowhunters should love and defend our early month of hunting before all the rifles start banging away. Seven dollars as a tax or an inclusive part of the Super Combo really is pretty inconsequential. The early month is the real thing to guard; would be nice if we could arch during muzzleloader, though.

Seven bucks. The cost of a sixer of lone star tall boys. I’ll gladly pay another seven for muzzle loader season rights.

And it’s money spent straight to Texas conservation.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                          Seven bucks. The cost of a sixer of lone star tall boys. I’ll gladly pay another seven for muzzle loader season rights.

And it’s money spent straight to Texas conservation.
                          Sounds dang fair. Deal!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                            $$$
                            This ^^^. Next subject.

Comment

Working...
                            X