X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you have a gender reveal party?

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
      Thanks for the congrats. So you don’t give physical gifts to your loved ones? Because a physical gift is exactly a materialistic expression of love. I don’t think I can get by every Christmas from now on with only getting her the gift of my devilishly handsome good looks and charming personality
      Actually? Nope, the husband and I do not do gifts for each other at prescribed or set holidays. We don't do christmas, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. No gifts for any of them. We've been married 19 1/2 years and just never saw the need for that. Our kids, yes...

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
        Im with you bud. It would seem no one buys their significant other a gift anymore. That money could be spent elsewhere. Im shocked. These small gestures go a long way (typically) with a wife. We spent a lot of money on fertility, but you can bet I found a way to scrounge up a couple hundred as a gesture to remind her much I loved her, and how appreciative I am of what she went through mentally and physically to have this baby.

I said it earlier, but dont feel an ounce of guilt buying your gal a small gift after all of this.
        Thanks bud, having gone through the same thing, you understand.

Comment

Push presents you say?

Get her a spray bottle, sitz bath supplies, some lidocaine or dermaplast, ice packs, maxi pads, and some over the counter pain killers. That should just about do it.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
            Im with you bud. It would seem no one buys their significant other a gift anymore. That money could be spent elsewhere. Im shocked. These small gestures go a long way (typically) with a wife. We spent a lot of money on fertility, but you can bet I found a way to scrounge up a couple hundred as a gesture to remind her much I loved her, and how appreciative I am of what she went through mentally and physically to have this baby.

I said it earlier, but dont feel an ounce of guilt buying your gal a small gift after all of this.

X2. Buy her something small and special and celebrate the greatness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
              Actually? Nope, the husband and I do not do gifts for each other at prescribed or set holidays. We don't do christmas, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. No gifts for any of them. We've been married 19 1/2 years and just never saw the need for that. Our kids, yes...
              But that beer wasn’t free!

That’s fine, I won’t try to convince you to start. And actually we haven’t gotten Christmas or BD gifts for each other for the past couple years due to all this. But I still view it like saying “I love you”. She already knows it, but it would suck to never hear it again.

Comment

how bout a box set of baseball cards for the year she was born? my sister did this for both my girls (they both hunt, fish, play and enjoy most sports. 20&26 years old now).neat to look through now

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                  Did you have a gender reveal party?
                  Yes! Pink silly string with our 7 yo leading the foray.

Comment

I'd wait until after she's recovered from giving birth and get her a day at the spa. Massage, manicure/pedicure, etc.

Also, just help her out before being asked.

Comment

But that beer wasn’t free!

That’s fine, I won’t try to convince you to start. And actually we haven’t gotten Christmas or BD gifts for each other for the past couple years due to all this. But I still view it like saying “I love you”. She already knows it, but it would suck to never hear it again.
                      I view saying "I love you" and acting as such through daily actions as saying "I love you." I don't need him to buy me something to say that. I had 2 very difficult deliveries with our oldest 2 kiddos and not one single time did I blame him, or have any expectation other than for him to be by my side.

IMO, a trinket of a couple/few hundred dollars or even thousand of dollars "to say I love you", devalues the true meaning of love. I promise you that every single day when I come home from work to my hubby, I'm beyond thankful that I ended up with him because I could not have asked for a better husband, father, best friend, etc and he FAR exceeds my wildest expectations. Putting a vakue on that is impossible and I wouldn't ever want him to try by buying something to do so.

Comment

Yes! Pink silly string with our 7 yo leading the foray.
                        Oh boy. You'll now get flogged for that. Having a get-together to spend time with family and friends, celebrating the future birth of your child, and having FUN!?! Nonsense!!

Mine was an arrow into a ballon!

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                          Push presents you say?

Get her a spray bottle, sitz bath supplies, some lidocaine or dermaplast, ice packs, maxi pads, and some over the counter pain killers. That should just about do it.
                          Haha, had our first child back in December and there is a lot of truth to this list^

Get something with the childs birth stone. She would love it!

Comment

My wife has everything she wants for the most part. She likes fresh flowers and fancy candles. I went and got her a couple of nice candles made by Lafco and had a family member put some flower arrangement in the house the day before we got home. That way the house looked nice and smelled nice which made her feel better about having visitors. Simple, easy, unexpected.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                              Push presents you say?

Originally posted by HillCoBowHunter View Post
                              Haha, had our first child back in December and there is a lot of truth to this list^

Get something with the childs birth stone. She would love it!
                              I will have to see what she already has. I know she bout a sitz bath, not sure about the other items. Good suggestions

Comment

I got mine wine. And flowers. No need to go crazy on the gift. I learned that the thing she appreciated more than any gifts was me being up syringe feeding our baby because she wouldn’t eat normally. All feedings were tough for her, and the simple act of squirting that formula and letting her rest gave her a break. For a new mom, any rest is the most precious thing thing you can give her. You will both be dog tired, I can almost guarantee it.

Comment

Working...
                                X