• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you
    Harvest or kill
    Shoot or shot
    Took or taken
    Smoke or drill’em

You can use any term you want and I will be happy for you.
    We just need to stick or stay together as one! 🤔

Comment

I just tell them I caught something. Jj
      I always think to myself when people ask if I caught anything that man they don’t get out much. I inform them that it isn’t catch and release

Comment

I would say most the time it’s not a question of harvest or kill ...that’s just a word game but sometimes I feel a hunt should be referred to as a harvest because there isn’t much hunting involved ...like Thompson temple 30ac hill petting zoo...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I kill deer, then drive the truck as close as possible so i can harvest them.
          Same as me except I don't harvest them I just load them into the truck.

Comment

I dont really care how or why people say what they say. I personally say Harvest. I do it out of respect to the animal. We feed them, help their habitat, overall we manage them. I refer to predators as managing the population. Pretentious? If so, so be it. To KILL something is to take its life in anger. Just me. . .Roast away.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
              I agree with you even though Merrium Webster does not.

Definition of harvest (Entry 2 of 2)

transitive verb
              1a : to gather in (a crop) : reap harvesting corn
              b : to gather, catch, hunt, or kill (salmon, oysters, deer, etc.) for human use, sport, or population control
              c : to remove or extract (something, such as living cells, tissues, or organs) from culture (see culture entry 1 sense 3) or from a living or recently deceased body especially for transplanting

2a : to accumulate a store of has now harvested this new generation's scholarly labors— M. J. Wiener
              b : to win by achievement the team harvested several awards
              Ya i hear ya and not arguing that but there is a reason why that definition is the secondary definition, the primary definition is more prevalent.

Dictionaries add words all the time some of them dumb and the reason why they are listed secondarily is because people misuse the original one and then it becomes more "normal"

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                I dont really care how or why people say what they say. I personally say Harvest. I do it out of respect to the animal. We feed them, help their habitat, overall we manage them. I refer to predators as managing the population. Pretentious? If so, so be it. To KILL something is to take its life in anger. Just me. . .Roast away.
                No need to roast you or anyone. Thanks for your input.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                  In scripture Acts 10:13, the Lord told Peter to "Kill and eat".
                  I don't think he was telling Peter to get angry. Killing is killing, angry or not.
                  Having said that... I have killed a total of 3 deer and some aoudad this year, cause I ain't no farmer. lol

Call it what you want...I kill stuff.

Comment

So when I drink a beer or a whiskey I am guess I am harvesting brain cells not killing them?

LOL I couldn't resist honestly don't care what people call it when they shoot, kill, harvest their deer. I call it a great day because I will get to enjoy it. The food that is!!

Comment

Cut 'Em, Jack!

We kill chit, shoot chit, and take chit. Never once heard anyone say they "harvested" any animal when I lived in Alaska. Moose, caribou, sheep, deer, wolf, bear, mink, marten or anything else. Matter of fact, I never heard "harvest" with regards to any animal, game or otherwise, until I got on the Green Screen. But in this day and age with all the snowflakes, I get it, but nobody in my family or my wife's family or anyone I know personally uses that term.

Comment

Not much new to add after #115 posts. However if this thread is any indication, there are a lot more hunters offended by the word "harvest" than there are non-hunters offended by the word "kill" - which is kinda funny.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                          Not much new to add after #115 posts. However if this thread is any indication, there are a lot more hunters offended by the word "harvest" than there are non-hunters offended by the word "kill" - which is kinda funny.
                          True story..

Comment

Out of curiosity; Kill Vs. Harvest

Originally posted by jerp View Post

Offended? Riiiiiiiiiiiight......That is such a snowflake word.

Annoyed or ridiculing the pacifism are more fitting terms
                            Last edited by Smart; 01-17-2019, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Pumpernickeled.

"I went out and pumpernickeled some squirrles today!"

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Offended? Riiiiiiiiiiiight......That is such a snowflake word.

Annoyed or ridiculing the pacifism are more fitting terms
                                Maybe offended isn't the right word. Let me flip through my snowflake dictionary........ there it is, "triggered" - that's it!

Comment

Working...
                                X