No announcement yet.

Best wireless camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 3 Reconyx cams. Very user friendly and dependable. Great pics and great customer service. If you can afford them they will out last and out perform all others.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
      I run a Spypoint Link Evo and the Cuddelink Wireless system. I’ve had great luck with both.

I decided to give the cuddelink system a try for the same reasons you have. Spotty signal except for the one place where I don’t need a camera. So I set my cell home (not a camera) in the meadow on top of the hill and connected 4 cams to it. I receive pictures via email from all cams when out. Best part is, $20/mo and I get pictures from 4 cameras.

Never mind the date on the pic picture. But it’s nice getting pictures from 3 different cameras for one plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
        Never mind the date on the pic picture. But it’s nice getting pictures from 3 different cameras for one plan.

Yes it is. Covert does this as well. I now have six on my plan with two I have toggled as inactive until we decide where to put them.

Comment

On the Cuddelink Home camera, can you connect an external antenna ?

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
            On the Cuddelink Home camera, can you connect an external antenna ?
            I’m not sure as I haven’t had a need for one.

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
              Just picked up the $149 Spypoint to give it a try. Picked it up at Cabelas.

Also ordered a directional cell antenna off of Amazon to hopefully address cell signal issue at the location where it is going to be mounted.

If the Spypoint doesnt work out, I figure I will take it back and return it. So far, at the house all seems to be working just fine. Could not have been easier to set up.
              Let us know how this camera works out for you.

Comment

Anybody care to share video from a spypoint camera?
                How goos does the spypoint "on demand" video function work?

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                  Anybody care to share video from a spypoint camera?
                  How goos does the spypoint "on demand" video function work?
                  There is no video option currently with the New Spypoint Link Micro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                    There is no video option currently with the New Spypoint Link Micro.

How do you like the micro so far?

Comment

It’s too early to tell. I bought 2 as soon as they were released. They had some kind of coding issue on their end and my Verizon Micros are not connecting to Verizon towers. When mine connects, it’s to AT&T towers. So they are just not staying online. They’re sending me new SIM cards that are supposed to fix the problem.

It’s a neat little camera, especially at the price. I run a bunch of Spartan cameras and have gotten used to getting the nice 1280x960 pictures sent to my phone. I really don’t like the 640x480’s the Micro sends, but that may not bother others.

Comment

I picked a SPYPOINT up yesterday and playing with it. A little over 20 yards away, at about 15 mph.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Yes it is. Covert does this as well. I now have six on my plan with two I have toggled as inactive until we decide where to put them.

Just so I'm clear on this. You are saying you have 6 cameras on one data plan? We have been running Spartan cameras and each camera has to have its on plan.

Comment

Originally posted by BCHUNTER View Post
                            Just so I'm clear on this. You are saying you have 6 cameras on one data plan? We have been running Spartan cameras and each camera has to have its on plan.
                            X2 on this question with Covert. I thought you had to have a plan for each camera with then and most others. With my Cuddelink, I’m running 4 cams for $20/mo total, not each.

Comment

X2 on this question with Covert. I thought you had to have a plan for each camera with them and most others. With my Cuddelink, I’m running 4 cams for $20/mo total, not each.

Comment

With Covert I believe you pay a base cost for the plan/first camera and then something like $5 or $6 per camera to add cameras to that plan.

Comment

Working...
                                X