No announcement yet.

Is this enough cover for a tripod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its the perfect tree but its to close to the feeder... Move the feeder about 30 yards farther from the tree.

Comment

Plenty of cover there you could do tripod, lock on or a ladder stand. You will need to place the tripod seat in the tree limbs to to get good cover.

Comment

I’d say it’s fine. Stand a tripod up right in the middle of it and cut as little as possible.

Comment

ladder stand

Comment

I'd set up a stand 80 yards down wind from the feeder, then hand corn 20 yards from the feeder to 20 yards from the stand on the days you hunt.

Comment

Yes it is if you're high enough. I killed several deer from a mequite with less cover than that, especially in the late season. I had another that never had that much cover and not only killed deer but turkeys as well. It's all about movement, as anywhere you get, deer can come from any direction.

Comment

Yep, set it on the back side and trim a small shooting lane

Comment

Originally posted by gekko man View Post
                  I would have no issue with the cover of that tree. I hunted closer and with less cover than that with no issue this year.

I would do it!
                  Gota agree WIND is yo friend or enemy

Comment

Pop up, brushed in and an Ozonics

Comment

Plenty of cover, but be aware you must move much slower and more purposeful when more exposed. Going from a popup to a tripod with little cover is a pretty big challenge in my opinion. Good luck. I hope it works out for you.

Comment

I also hunted out of a mesquite tree with very little cover. I hung artificial Christmas tree branches around me.

Comment

Ladder or lock on and set still no searching the internet or posting on TBH while hunting. If you want add some military style camo nets around you.

Comment

Plenty of cover if u move slow. Get your bow up when deer are looking away, draw when their heads are down eating corn, always watch other deer and don’t get busted by other deer because your only focusing on the one you’re gonna shoot. Plenty of cover in that tree but you gotta do everything in slow motion.

Comment

I would probably try a treestand in that tree.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I set up in trees like that all the time. Make sure it's tucked in the thickest part of the tree, and you'll be good.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X