No announcement yet.

Here Comes Ol Man Winter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great, going camping this coming weekend, wonder if I need a heated water hose!!

Comment

[ATTACH]941895[/ATTACH]

Comment

My wather is predicting 70's this weekend with the artic front coming in Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
          Got some at Tractor Supply last weekend for a cheaper price.
          Yeah but I ordered mine sitting in my underwears on the couch and they came straight to my door

Comment

Well it was minus 5 yesterday morning when we woke up in Laramie, they forecast a low of 4. This morning it was -9 when I got up.
            Sending it your way, enjoy!

Made it hard to get the smoker hot for summer sausage smoke.

Comment

My daughter is getting married on Saturday at 2:30pm... Hopefully the rain associated with the front will blow through on Friday night/Saturday morning.

Comment

Ag news reported this morning that for the last 10 days Anchorage has been 35 below, near record levels. Parts of Canada were 55 below today. Those temperatures are starting to warm because the cold is moving south.

USDA warned central states farmers and ranchers 2 weeks ago that cold weather was coming and it was colder than we've seen in a long time.

Yeah, Johnny, I'm taking this one seriously.

Comment

space city weather says we shouldn't see anymore freezes after next monday...

Comment

Anyone use the plug in heat tape for pipes? Have one exposed pipe that tends to freeze but the heat tape scares me as a fire hazard

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                      Anyone use the plug in heat tape for pipes? Have one exposed pipe that tends to freeze but the heat tape scares me as a fire hazard
                      We use them at the lease in the pump house along with a heat lamp. Everything is plugged into one power strip that has a temp sensor on it. We've never had an issue using them over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                        I heard February was going to be brutally cold. I was told this by a farmer who I have no idea how he knows. But he was right about the wet winter we are having.
                        I bet he follows the Real Farmer's Almanac. My grandpa used to follow it and my dad does the same. It is pretty darn accurate, at least it has been when they have been following it and planting crops according to the dates listed in there.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Johnny. I plan to go to the lease one last time for a doe. Friday looks good, real good. Then Saturday and Sunday look real cold with a blasting north wind. Oh how I wish this thing would stall for a day or two so we could at least be comfortable on Saturday.

With meat already in the freezer it's gonna be hard to get real motivated to go sit in the stand for a doe when it's blowing 30 mph and temps in the 30's.

Comment

Just curious. How is it that you seem to have better insight on the weather Johnny than the usual sources?

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                              Just curious. How is it that you seem to have better insight on the weather Johnny than the usual sources?
                              Johnny is part Indian.

Comment

All the mld properties are gonna love it.
                                Last edited by bulltx50; 01-14-2019, 11:28 AM. Reason: Grammar correct

Comment

Working...
                                X