No announcement yet.

2019 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On another note...mostly because im a gimmic junky... but this one made sense..
    we picked up a camwood trainer bat...
    Theory is weighted blister above hands and below the knob forces the hands to the ball in the right path.
    Tans always had pretty good hands that way but got it to help build up his swing power more than anything.
    After having it for about two weeks.. and according to the zepp.. its working.
    Not going to say its the bats design thats done it or if its just swinging a oversize heavier bat... but hes picked up mph on the swing and is definitely hitting more violently.
    Anyone else try one?

Comment

Haven't heard of a camwood, I'll check it out. I think being heavier definitely helps.

Comment

We started the 'all american program'.. 30 days ..going to document the progress (if measurable and/or if any as best we can ..

Got a base line using his zepp analytics...so at very least hope to see more power..
        Like i said... Im a gimmic junky...a skeptical one. .but still a junky.

Comment

System- first big PG tourney you go to you will be broke. Every gimmic in the book has a trailer out there selling stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            System- first big PG tourney you go to you will be broke. Every gimmic in the book has a trailer out there selling stuff.
            Lol yeh ive been warned about 'em

Comment

Well after a couple months off it’s time to start up again. The team is picked and practice starts the 14th. This is my last year 14U majors then high school prep and then to the old lawn chair LOL! I’m going to really push these boys hard the next 6 months to get them ready for HS. Good luck to you guys this year!

Comment

You too grant.

Comment

I can tell select ball is right around the corner. Parents and kids jumping team to team and parents calling every coach within reach LOL! Love the select world and how people act. I have heard of players jumping all over the map the last few days trying out at different teams, sure glad mine is set and ready to go. See you boys soon at the fields...

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                    I can tell select ball is right around the corner. Parents and kids jumping team to team and parents calling every coach within reach LOL! Love the select world and how people act. I have heard of players jumping all over the map the last few days trying out at different teams, sure glad mine is set and ready to go. See you boys soon at the fields...
                    Lol yup ..the groups are all "lookin for this ..and needing that...and makeup tryouts here there everywhere.."
                    Glad we are set... got a scrimmage set up this weekend if weather lets us..see how the new kids gel with our core... excited to see them back at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post

I don’t like that part, but I’m not nearly as deep into this deal as you guys are.lol

We picked a team, tried out, and they will be his team for the year. But he’s 8.[emoji23] were playing in the Canes org this year, opening a brand new facility this week.

I’m looking forward to meeting a new group of kids, parents, and coaches! This may be my first time in 4 years not being on the field with the boys, not sure how that’ll be, but at least I can miss a practice or weekend to go to the coast.

Snoop is MORE than ready to play baseball again.

Here’s to a great season for all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just picked up two used 70' cage nets from woodlands high school last night.. using one and donating other to help fix some of our org cages..
                        Freaking heavy.

But i also built a garage net system that the boy can pull out and put away..
                        Room divider tracks with roller hooks ..cheap net.. works well.

Pronet behind it doesnt do anything .. just a extra measure

Comment

My youngest will be playing for Primetime this year. Hopefully the more structured environment and high intensity practices will make him catch a gear. Oldest has started some throwing again and will tryout for his high school team at the end of the month. I sure hope he can stay relaxed and play HIS game. He never did grow, but ready or not! Lol. Good luck to all the kiddos!

Comment

I like that setup. We dusted off the tee and net yesterday and each boy hit a bucket of balls. My little one has never had to be told to swing hard, and he looked good, but Brock looks like he's turned a corner a little swinging the bat. His coach called and told me that he finished the fall hitting practices really well and it looks like it's carrying over. Something just seems different with him, in a good way.

We'll see

We may get back to pitching a bit in the next few weeks.

Comment

New 2020 thread started

Comment

Working...
                              X