No announcement yet.

2019 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is supposed to be a double elimination tourney but the way its setup if we lose tomorrow, we are done, no chance to come back...weird.

Comment

Good luck guys, and good job so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We’re taking our 8U rec all stars to a tourney this weekend in Aledo, and I have no idea what to expect.[emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone but west Texas teams coming to Brownwood this weekend? I'm sure you have better tournaments closer.

Comment

Won our first game this morning... then went 3 extra sudden death innings in or second game...went almost 3 hours...
            Came up 1 run short...boys are beat
            Tan had a helluva game..no passed balls ..3 picks... a sac bunt where he cleaned out a firstbaseman that outweighs him by 75lbs that was standing over the bag and got 2 rbis off it..
            And a mile high bomb to left that sac'd in another run..
            Saved a ton of SA's.
            Great stuff and if you were there..we had probably 5 other teams watching that battle..

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
              Won our first game this morning... then went 3 extra sudden death innings in or second game...went almost 3 hours...
              Came up 1 run short...boys are beat
              Tan had a helluva game..no passed balls ..3 picks... a sac bunt where he cleaned out a firstbaseman that outweighs him by 75lbs that was standing over the bag and got 2 rbis off it..
              And a mile high bomb to left that sac'd in another run..
              Saved a ton of SA's.
              Great stuff and if you were there..we had probably 5 other teams watching that battle..
              Sounds like it was a war! Glad your boy had a good day. I'm pretty sure I recognized him today walking by at the Foley park. Tons of backyard baller fans around. Lol.

Comment

We ended up 3-1 in pool and 1-1 today. Both losses from the same majors team that's already secured a slot to the championship. We'll get after it tomorrow at 10:30 and try to work out way of through the losers bracket. Boys have played really well and it's nice to see them compete in the top bracket!

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                  Sounds like it was a war! Glad your boy had a good day. I'm pretty sure I recognized him today walking by at the Foley park. Tons of backyard baller fans around. Lol.
                  Yeh.. our big brother major team watched 20 minutes of the start of our game..left..did their warmups..played their game..cleaned out dugout..had their after game speech and cam back to us still playing..and watched another full long inning .... got pretty loud
                  Was pretty cool... came up short..but super proud.
                  Gotta win 3 tomorrow... pretty good for a lowly AA team against all the AAA's/majors...not another AA in our bracket.
                  Good luck to yall tomorrow..
                  We're headed to Woodys early to get some play time in before what we hope is a long afternoon.

Comment

Yeh.. our big brother major team watched 20 minutes of the start of our game..left..did their warmups..played their game..cleaned out dugout..had their after game speech and cam back to us still playing..and watched another full long inning .... got pretty loud
                    Was pretty cool... came up short..but super proud.
                    Gotta win 3 tomorrow... pretty good for a lowly AA team against all the AAA's/majors...not another AA in our bracket.
                    Good luck to yall tomorrow..
                    We're headed to Woodys early to get some play time in before what we hope is a long afternoon.
                    We were at a pool last night at a friends condo and met a guy that has an 8u Baller and coaches his 10u Ballers sons team, never got his name but we talked for a bit and he seemed like a good dude...good luck today

Comment

Like to hear about that winning! Yall enjoy!

Comment

Generals brought it home. 8-0 on the week. Great way to finish off coach pitch.

Comment

Fell short in semis after sending another elite team home.
                          Tan had a great week..played out of his head all week long.. caught every inning of every game... and dominated behind the plate with 3 passed balls the entire tournament...(and turned 2 wild pitches into picks) and got celebrated by his team..
                          Losing sucks but he grew and got better.
                          AA team in an elite/major bracket finished 3rd.
                          Not too shabby.

Comment

Fell short in semis after sending another elite team home.
                            Tan had a great week..played out of his head all week long.. caught every inning of every game... and dominated behind the plate with 3 passed balls the entire tournament...(and turned 2 wild pitches into picks) and got celebrated by his team..
                            Losing sucks but he grew and got better.
                            AA team in an elite/major bracket finished 3rd.
                            Not too shabby.
                            Congrats and great job kid!

Comment

Well we ended up making a run at it, but just flat ran out of gas and horsepower. Went 7-3 on the week and all 3 loses were to the same team who won it all. That team was just bigger, faster, and better in all aspects of the game, but our boys played their hearts out and had a blast. What a week and we're glad to walk away with second place! Congrats to all the ballplayers and I hope they get some much needed rest and enjoy their summer!

Comment

A few pics

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X