No announcement yet.

2019 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The RAC would be ok... but our luck itll be WLY ..or doss ..Sat and BLD sunday...
    Lol

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
      i definitely see the "run what ya' brung" side and think it would have been a good chance for the coach to check a new kid out on the mound, test the "team" you have assembled and have been developing. but development seems to have been lost these days. try to think about it as a a kid, or parent of a kid, that never gets to pitch, your coach saying we gotta go find a ringer to win this last game.

and i think its different at 11u than it is in HS, showcase teams have PO's and its pretty standard practice for some of those guys to fly in and pitch one game and not be seen again. at the youth level you'd like to see more pride in the team and development of the team, IMO. but there will always be teams out there doing it, and you gotta just go beat their ***.
      You're aware of how late to the game I am in this Select world. I wish our Parents and other Parents would just focus on more of the stuff we can actually control. Let these kiddos play, and enjoy more of the game and less of the technicalities.

What team was it that brought in the other kid? I'm just curious to who the kid was, lol.

Comment

Might be in need of a place to park a 5th wheel overnight on Saturday/sunday off i10 katy to San Ant direction....

Comment

WLY on saturday... Bbusa on Sunday...

I hate larsen.

Comment

DFW State in McKinney

Is anybody gonna be in McKinney this weekend? My son, who normally plays for a team from San Antonio, will be playing his third tournament with his sister team from Abilene. Looks like it's going to be a scorching, long weekend with a championship game (if they go that far) scheduled for 8pm, then drive back to San Antonio....Fun stuff!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4933 edit.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	24580960

Todd

Comment

Originally posted by rtarcher View Post
              Is anybody gonna be in McKinney this weekend? My son, who normally plays for a team from San Antonio, will be playing his third tournament with his sister team from Abilene. Looks like it's going to be a scorching, long weekend with a championship game (if they go that far) scheduled for 8pm, then drive back to San Antonio....Fun stuff!

[ATTACH]959668[/ATTACH]

Todd
              my youngest will be playing 8AAA at triple creek, fields 4 and 5, my oldest is playing in colleyville and burleson though so i am not sure yet where i will be lol.

what age and team are you guys with?

Comment

[ATTACH]959668[/ATTACH]

Todd
                Well the good news is those fields are in a creek bottom with very little wind. lol. They have a nice skeeter farm too!

Nice fields though.

Comment

my youngest will be playing 8AAA at triple creek, fields 4 and 5, my oldest is playing in colleyville and burleson though so i am not sure yet where i will be lol.

what age and team are you guys with?
                  My son is playing with the West Texas Angels Red 13U AA team. Looks like we will be at BN Ballpark South on Sat and Future Telecom on Sunday.

Todd

Comment

My son is playing with the West Texas Angels Red 13U AA team. Looks like we will be at BN Ballpark South on Sat and Future Telecom on Sunday.

Todd
                    gotcha, you will be around mesquite then good luck to you guys, its going to be hot!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      Well the good news is those fields are in a creek bottom with very little wind. lol. They have a nice skeeter farm too!

Nice fields though.
                      yeah its going to be miserable out there for sure, but they have cleaned the place up a lot since the last time we were there. fields were in great shape a few weeks ago.

Comment

gotcha, you will be around mesquite then good luck to you guys, its going to be hot!
                        Good luck to y'all as well! Looking forward to a long day on Sunday!

Comment

We're at Bicentennial in Southlake this weekend. Good luck to all!

Comment

The 8s went 2-0 and got the 3 seed, just won first bracket game 16-7 and got rainnd out, headed home. Lil man was smoking the ball all weekend, got one out this morning And bounced another off the fence.

Brock and the 11s went 1-1 yesterday and got spanked this morning. Quick weekend..

Comment

Need to carry this over to Gulf Shores next week...

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got home from Pecan park. This was one of the worst umpiring I have ever seen and like I posted you will hear parents and coaches complaining all weekend. I am one of them as the umpires took the bat out of the kids hand all weekend. He was calling strikes in the dirt that was just crazy. I will say he was calling it both ways, but it was just a joke watching it every game and all the coaches just laughing after awhile. I will never understand where Darren hires these guys!! I would love it if just once nobody signed up for a USSSA tournament to show they tired of Darren BS!!

Comment

Working...
                                X