2019 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingib View Post
    Also increase risk and likelihood of Tommy John and Rotator Cuff tears, and why we are seeing more and more.

Pitching is not a natural motion, and kids need time off.
    Yep I agree I’ve heard ortho MD’s saying they are seeing more of this type of injuries

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
      I saw a print out laying around in the gym at one of our middle schools this morning, it had bench press and squat totals on it for the 8th grade boys. The top kid is a running back that benched 300 and squatted 320, the 3rd one is the QB that benched 225 and squatted 275, both of them are on the 4x400 relay team that won district. The QB is the fastest kid in the school.

Those were varsity numbers when I was in school.
      Yep the size, strength & speed of some of these kids is incredible. My son last year played 7th grade basketball & one team we played had a kid at 6’4”.
      Our 7th grade team this year had a kid at 6’1”. Another one who is also a very good baseball player is 5’11” and 185 lbs at 12 yrs old

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
        I saw a print out laying around in the gym at one of our middle schools this morning, it had bench press and squat totals on it for the 8th grade boys. The top kid is a running back that benched 300 and squatted 320, the 3rd one is the QB that benched 225 and squatted 275, both of them are on the 4x400 relay team that won district. The QB is the fastest kid in the school.

Those were varsity numbers when I was in school.
        Due to all of the available information and focus on kiddo development, the access these athletes have to TOP NOTCH development tools and resources is unmatched.

I love seeing it, and what some of the young people are able to do.

Comment

We do this for fun, and all of our boys play other sports as well. These top teams like the Marucci team I mentioned above take it to another level. Makes me wonder if those boys and their families have any time to go hunting or fishing, or if it's just non stop baseball all the time. We are a baseball family for sure but I dont ever want to take it that serious, at least not at this age.

Comment

Originally posted by 45 ACP View Post
            We do this for fun, and all of our boys play other sports as well. These top teams like the Marucci team I mentioned above take it to another level. Makes me wonder if those boys and their families have any time to go hunting or fishing, or if it's just non stop baseball all the time. We are a baseball family for sure but I dont ever want to take it that serious, at least not at this age.
            Every kiddo / family is different.

Very good player I know is missing a pool play game at the OK shootout for a Math competition at UNT. He is also a concert pianist. He only plays because he's good at it, and it's fun for him.

Comment

Play the kids up every chance you get it makes them better. We play up almost every tournament and do pretty good, If you have a salty group they will be just fine. Don't be a ring chaser that does them no good at all. Yes it's fun to win, but its does nothing to make them better and gives mom and dad a reason to brag on facebook for playing down.

Comment

Weekend off...

Comment

Well they moved all of my son’s games to Sunday. Supposed to rain tomorrow. Playing in a tournament in Melissa

Comment

Good luck! Hope weather cooperates

Comment

We were terrible, but got all our games in down in Beaumont. Jax's defense was great again, so that is fun. Drew a walk for once, lol. Has had the contact, but still nothing worth a darn.

Another Coach asked us to guest play with an actual majors squad this weekend for a one day in Longview. Still weighing it out.

Comment

My son seems to struggle in game performance vs practice performance or based on what I’ve seen him capable of. He hits decent & makes plays with occasional mistakes in practice. It just seems in game time situations he struggles more & doesn’t play at his capable level both at the plate & at defense. It’s both tough & frustrating to watch as a parent. I’m guessing it’s game anxiety, nerves,etc. Just wondering for those that coach & work with player development how do you work on this ? Any tips or suggestions?

Comment

The 8s got rained out and the 11s were bad again Friday night before getting rained out the rest of the weekend. Not sure what to think about how this team is playing right now lol.

Brock had a 5 pitch inning then came out and went strikeout, walk, E7, strikeout/dropped 3rd strike that scored a run, triple down the line that scored 2 lol. We lost 8-2 to a bunch of Okies with mullets and mohawks[emoji2957]. He hit the ball hard twice but right at someone both times.

This week's practice should be fun.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Headed to a SNIT in shreveport.. fields we are assigned are municipal park softball fields... yay.

Comment

In bossier , killing time before our 3pm/6:30 games..
                              Louisiana roads suck.
                              Like all over.
                              Like, there's parts of roads literally sliding off into ditches..which appear to be older versions of the same roads.

Comment

Not really select baseball related, but I got to hang with The Rocket earlier today at San Jac. We hosted a Challenger Little League game and he was our special guest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X